Open seat, Cinci area, Wednesday mid day

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Planning on getting down to Riverside/Schmidt around 11:00 am on Wednesday, fish until 5:00PM or so. Will fish by myself but if someone wants to tag along great! I do have a friend who is not very reliable that its been offered too but I doubt he goes.
    Plan is to get some bait and drift for blues if current allows that otherwise will be anchoring,
    PM me if anyone is interested.

Salmonid

2. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    id love to but i already took monday off to go fishing. good luck :big_smile: how'd you guys do in the tourny

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Now thats a sweet offer, I believe some one will bite on this one :wink:

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    The tourney went fine for some folks, just Not us! winning weight was like 123 lbs for 6 fish and big fish was a 40 Flattie. We were on unfamiliar water and the water was at normal pool up there, and the day before was almost 20 degrees warmer, so we had a few bites but they just didnt want to keep on it,kept pecking but never take the bait, we hooked a few and all got off, frustrating but we had a good time anyways. Good to get that kind of day out of your system every once in a while, highlight of the day was the 5 lb drum I caught and Brian *( Fishdealer04) caught a HUGE 14+" fat crappie in the cast net!

Salmonid

5. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    I would love to take you up on the offer, but besides having to work, i'm already heading down there for some Monday fishing with Matt (fishmonster13).

It's just a bit far for me to do every other day.:smile2:

6. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    hopefully, we can get ya a pic for your avatar:big_smile:

7. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    That actually made me laugh. I would not be against that idea.:big_smile:

We can do it no matter the size.:wink: Hopefully though, it's something to be very proud of. If not...it's all your fault!:smile2:

8. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    yea i would bite on this one but having not worked all last week and not knowing if i have anything this week, i dont think the money would allow me to go that far...:angry::confused2:

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    have fun trying to drift! i doubt that will happen! :smile2:

10. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Flootie, why do you say that? River is predicted to be back at 26.8, ( summer pool level) and drift should be gone by then. Do you know something I dont, come on man, dont hold back now....ha ha
    I know, the predictions are always questionable and if the river allows it, we will drift, if not, the open seat will have to be "Anchor Boy" and I plan on anchoring my 40 lb anchor in as many 60+ ft deep holes as i can find.:smile2:
    Seriously though, I do have a new anchor retrieval system Im gonna try out so it may not be too bad.

Salmonid

11. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I sent you a PM Mark.

12. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Seat is taken , thanks Roger!
    Will post some sort of list of excuses why we didnt catch any more fish then we do....:eek:oooh:

Salmonid

13. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    good luck guys...hope to see a good report

14. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Good luck guys. Can't wait for the report and pics:big_smile:

15. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    well at least its not a pic of you with a sumo shad:smile2::smile2:

16. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    we ended up drifting today and it was pretty productive wish we had started earlier in the day drifting

17. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Hey man, don't crack on the Shad...it was huge!:big_smile:

You know it wouldn't have bothered me one bit, if that's the only thing I had to use for my avatar.:big_smile:

18. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Yes it was. From what you have read, everything went well for drifting. The water didn't have a lot of trash, and the wind and current allowed for a decent speed. The only thing missing was a trolling motor to help keep us on course better.:big_smile:

19. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    yep hopefully the trolling motor will be taken care of this week if i can find a decent one at the right price

20. tbird

tbird Member

State:
    IN
    Good luck it is raining her in SE IN and a good or I should say bad NE wind.BRRRR!