Open Invite Pike Island Sunday 20th

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by rockbass, Sep 20, 2009.

1. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Since I had to delay my trip planned for tonight to Pike Island for a B-day party, I'm gonna go tomorrow (Sun 20th) Should be there by 7 pm. Most likely in red Ford Ranger. Will be on the rock bar.

Plenty of room for anyone that would like to meet up!

2. O_W_E_N_S

O_W_E_N_S New Member

State:
    Toronto,Ohio
    So how did you do down the dam Sunday? Went there Saturday only thing I caught was a small mouth and buddy caught 1 channel and 1 flat both lucky if they weighed a pound each.

3. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I didn't get to make it down on sunday. I'll be there this weekend though.

TCBA on this site made a report from his family/friends fishing there Saturday night. Gar were bad as always.

I actually want to catch another gar if I can catch another monster like I did my last trip there:eek:oooh:

4. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    Yeah we caught 11 cats total..............2 baby flatties under 2 lbs...........9 channel cats total and they were ALL under 3 lbs.............the Gars were terrible couldnt leave a bait in for more then 5 minutes with out it getting torn apart !!!

5. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't know about you Brian, but every time I've been there I've had tons of gar bites/runs. I would easily say 6-8 gar type hits to each catfish caught......prob more on the gar :angry:

I just go there because it's a change of scenery from my local waters. I'm trying to learn new areas/waters all the time.