Open fires on the banks of the Altamaha?

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by Fivebraids, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Fivebraids

Fivebraids New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey all...Denise and I have been eagerly watching TS Hanna, and now that we've determined that she's not a threat, we just got done prepping the boat to launch in the morning...planning to fish through the night.

Our question is...Are open fires allowed along the banks of the Altamaha?

Denise wants to bring along some firewood...thinking it'll help keep the bugs at bay, as well as any brave gators...

Thanks in advance...
    - Marty -

2. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    Yes they are by all means. Not a problem in the world. You may even find some fire left over from the people there before you. One thing we always try our best to do is leave it just as pristine as we found it. I know and have seen alot of people leave there trash, old tents, cans, bottles you name it. I think that is so disgraceful.

We are thinking of going down tommorow evening sometime. Hope to see yall there... are you going north or south?

Greg AJ

3. Fivebraids

Fivebraids New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Greg,

Thanks for the info on the fires.

The boat is loaded. We're leaving here at O'dark-thirty. We should be at Jaycee's at 7'ish.

I'm sending you a PM.

- Marty n Denise -

P.S. I forgot to add...we take trash bags with us on the boat. We usually take back more trash than we made. Some people... ::-:)