Open faced reels for crappie

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by cliff n york, Feb 17, 2007.

1. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i will be buying some new reels soon for bream/crappie fishing and need advice,what is a good reel to buy that will last

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I have several Shimano TX reels I use for crappie and I love mine. They don't cost that much and they are very smooth. Good Luck.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ive got an abu micro spin combo and a quantam ultralite that ive had for nearly 10 years, and I use them fairly regularly for bluegill/crappie

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
  5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I don't think the crappie care which rod/reel they are caught on. Far as the fish are concerned, they probably would wish they didn't get caught. Use anything from a bare cane pole to an expensive ultra light. Probably more fun on the ultra light though.

6. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I have a Penn Captiva & a Shimano Sedona that I use but the guys using the cane poles catch more than I do :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: .

I see that they have small reels to attach to the B&M cane poles, I'm looking into buying one or two.

Have a great day, Elliot

7. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
  8. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    i use a cheap shakspeare microspin for panfish,onley $18 for the r&r combo at walmart