Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my boat back and have an open spot in the morning out of Dutch Gap if anyone is interested. I am heading out about 7:30 8:30 and will fish till about 3:00 - 4:00.. PM me if you want to go...

Going out to dinner will check back in a few hours..

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am planning on launching around the same time with a buddy tomorrow.
I hope to see you at the ramp and maybee pick your brain a little or get a pointers as to where to start hunting for big ones.

This will be my third trip out.

First trip was a couple of nibbles.

Second trip was a 4lb and a 5lb but that was it.

Look for two fat guys in a Tracker.

:smile2:

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,487 Posts
Chris,
If I left now and drove balls out I might make it in time.:roll_eyes: Shame I don't live closer.
Good luck and take care out there...W

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll look for you ..I have a green F150 and will be towing a 16ft Bass America... I hate going alone because it's tough to get the boat in and out by myself.. if you're there maybe you can help with that..

Chris.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What a day!!!!!!!!!

I met up with Jeff and Thang this morning at Dutch Gap. They helped me with the gill net and we caught enough for both boats... Right away the bite was on..started with a 25 pounder.. Jeff in his boat caught his PB... he did not have scales but looked like at least a 35 pounder...

We parted ways and I headed up river and caught a couple of 40's & 20's.. then I decide to go to one last spot before calling it a day.. As I was heading to my spot a guide raced past me and went right to my spot.. he circled a couple of times and then sped out.. I went to exactly where he was and anchored. I put some big bait on my rods and sat back.. within 5 minutes my big rod was screaming drag. I knew it was not a catfish..a few minutes later I had the fish to the boat.. it was a 48inch striped bass..my PB.. while I was fighting the striper one of my other rods went down but I couldn't do anything with it.. After unhooking the striper I grabbed my other rod and the fish was still on it.. a nice 45 pounder.. while I was fighting that fish my last rod went down hard.... I did not have the drag set properly and it ended up snaping the line..

My best day in a long time...it always happens when I am alone in the boat.. hard to take pictures and weigh fish when all the action is happening...

Jeff took some pictures and hopefully will post this evening..

What a day!

Good Luck out there. My brother and I wore them out today.:big_smile:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Excellent, just plain excellent. Congratulations on the big striper. I took my son and a pal downtown this afternoon. Caught a mess of eater cats. The boys had a ball. No stripes this trip. Going with my brother Easter AM. Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Sounded like a great day. Thanks alot for sharing and I hope you have many more nice days of fishing!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.