Oops....I really bought that! Merry Christmas to me...LOL

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by repoman3809, Dec 23, 2008.

1. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Happened to be on Ebay last night and seen a 17ft Glastron tri-haul boat. It was local and had about 10 bids @ $200 and something, with an hour left on it. The seller claims the 100 horse Evinrude runs and the boat was in decent condition. Looking at the pictures, I thought....yea I could gut it and make a heck of catfishing boat. After looking at a few other similar boats I came to the conclusion it was worth at least $700 plus, if it runs, floats and comes with the trailer like seller claims. Of course, I already got a perfectly fine boat, so I put a high bid of $360 and went about my business.

Checked it little later that night, not really expecting to have won and oops....it seems I really bought it. LOL Now I got to explain to the old lady what I did(two days before Christmas). Oh well....Merry Christmas to me I guess.....:eek:oooh:

2. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Chris, good luck with the boat and the old lady. I know mine would kill me if I did something like that.

3. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Thanks I might need it....LOL Funny thing is, you know if I put a couple hundred in it I could sell it for double. Of course may not want to sell it, seeing as I may be sleepin in it.:embarassed:

4. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i look at it as a wise investment :big_smile:

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good Luck !!! :eek:oooh::big_smile:

6. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    You could definately get your money back out of it. I look at it as a good investment.

7. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Does the boat have a cuddy? If your wife is like mine you may need it so you have a place to rest your head. lol I saw a boat on craigslist that is in my town here so I called the guy to go look at it, well it happened to be right along my wife's way home from work and she saw me and him standing out looking at the boat and when I got home she was wound up telling me I don't need a #%#$%# boat a week before #$%#%$%# christmas. lol and I was just looking

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Oh my,
    It was nice knowing you:crazy::crazy:...W

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Oh yeah my friend, nothing better than a cat boat project!

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hey you wanta buy another one.(Got one I'll sell ya.)Then you can have a pair of tri hulls.

11. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'd be sleeping on the porch for a while after that:eek:oooh:

12. Live2Fish.Fish2Live

Live2Fish.Fish2Live New Member

State:
    Dickson,Tennessee
    Everything will be alright! I have done the same thing in the past. When I bought a boat for $500, my wife threw a fit and chewed my rear off. She danced all the way to the bank when I sold the motor alone for $2800. I am still missing a good chunk of my rear from that one but when I sit down I just lean to one side and it all evens out.
    Merry Christmas!

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Yep, good luck with that bother. I make those mistakes sometimes myself

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My wife would hang me by my nuts! goodluck to ya, and prayers sent! LOL...rollo

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    BTW.. If you decided not to tell her, and you need a place to store it... let me know...:roll_eyes: rollo

16. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    There you go repo'. Let Clayton explain it to her for ya'.. LOL It was nice knowing ya'.....:nosebleed:

17. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    You poor fellas just don't know how to break in a wife. Ya see, I met Ashley and I set the rules straigt on the first date. Some things come before your woman and if told right, they will understand. I told her from the getgo, I spend a lot of money and time fishing and doing things in the outdoors and That is who I am. I earn my share of money just as she does and I spend it however I dam well please. She knew it from the getgo and she never saids a word. I just told her the other day I want a new sideimaging graph and told her how much it was. She said "holly crap, thats a lot for a graph but if thats what you want". I need to write a book on this issue. Break them in right and you will have no problems. I never have to ask to go fishin, I just say Im goin. The way i see it is if they married you and you did it before then they knew what they were in for!!!!!! LOL Next time your better half gives you crap about anything that has to do with fishing just tell them Robin said you can do as you please!!!!! Man Im gonna start some trouble. Same goes for when spending money on anything we fish for. It is no problem for me to drop 4-5 hundred bucks at bass pro monthly and sometimes a lot more. Not a peep I here.

18. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Not a peep I here. Thats because she's gettin ready to put the hammer down. Can you say "HAMMER TIME"?

19. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio

Interesting....also interesting she has no ring on her finger yet...But just for laughs, I will print this off and show it to her, and see if there is still "not a peep"!:big_smile:

20. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    You guys havent done this enough do it more often theyll get ust to it. Ime pretty good about running the bank account dri. They wont do anything.