Oologah lake information?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by shadmaster, May 14, 2008.

1. shadmaster

shadmaster New Member

State:
    OK
    I'm planning a trip to Oologah Saturday for Blue cat and needing some information on where I might look. I'm going to put in at the dam and don't have a clue where to head. Been years since I fished there and don't really know the lake. Several months ago I did pretty good near the Winganon bridge but it ended when they moved out. The state fishing reports say to fish the flats but I don't know what part of the lake they are located. Would appreciate any information.

2. lonnie84

lonnie84 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I don't have any direct info for you but would sugest that you call the folks at Redbud Bay Marina they should be able to give you some good info. There phone number is 918-341-5190. Let me know how you do over there.

3. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I always prefer fishing the river vs the lake but right now it's even more productive. Those blues are mirgrating upstream to spawn. There's lots making there way upstream. Put in at big creek.:wink:

4. shadmaster

shadmaster New Member

State:
    OK
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to wait to fish Big Creek because we're going in a pontoon on this trip and its not the kind of boat I want to use in the river. We have another boat we use for river fishing. Been so much rain lately we thought we'd stick to the lake and try the river the next trip.

5. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Good luck on your trip. The upper Verdgris is plenty wide, deep and free of debris even for pontoon boats. I see lots of them out there....iffn your having bad luck on the lake I wouldn't be afraid to take it on the river. The lake and river are up but the normal debris associated with flooding has already passed downstream into the lake.