Oologah Lake fishing report 11-2-08, 11-08-08, 11-09-08

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by healthydrink, Nov 13, 2008.

1. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Bluecat fished drifting

Caught 8 on 11-2-08 afternoon to just after dark biggest was 11 lbs. the rest were 2-5 lbs

11-8-08 was miserable had a boatload of people only caught 1 channel about 2lbs. Sandbass fisherman caught a 20lber trolling right off our bow 100 yards. I could mark em on sonar but they would not feed on our baits. Wind about beat us to death.

11-9-08 went out by myself. got there about 1:30 to 2:00 fished for about 2 hours with wind out of the Northwest caught 7 blues 6 were between .5lb to 3 lbs. Missed alot of fish on short bites. The biggest and last fish was an 18lber right before the wind changed to right out of the east and that was it no more bites. Packed it in and went home. I had a blast for a couple of hours.

Fishing, no, I mean catching is way cool!!! :cool2:

2. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    how deep were you fishing?

3. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Good to hear ya caught some on Oolagah. Head up that river when the wind's beating you to death. There's a good population all year long up in the river but you'll catch more channels in the winter months, but there's some big channels up in the river.

4. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    15-20 foot deep under the shad. Most were suspended in the shad. Had to float a long leader up from bottom 2-4 foot with sacrificer sinker on three way rig or long carolina rig.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on some good fishing brother, keep us posted on future events