Oologah Dam

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mudcreeker, May 12, 2009.

1. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    Anyone been fishing behind the dam at Oologah with any luck? Looks like they are still letting out quite a bit of water.

2. riverratokie

riverratokie New Member

State:
    Collinsville Oklahoma
    I fished off the rocks on wednesday evening and caught a few blues a one channel on small chunks of cut shad about 10 foot off the bank. Just change your bait often as it seems to bleed out quick in the swift water

3. Joe

Joe Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
    I haven't been there when the river was really screaming, can you launch a boat when its flowing really heavy? I've usually fished there in the fall with small jigs, done pretty good then.

4. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    We launched last fall when it was flowing 20,000 cfs, and although the ramp was just underwater, we got launched fine. Trouble comes when you try to load out. The side current is terrific there, and the best you can do is to get the nose on the trailer bunks, and have someone wade in and hold the boat straight, while someone else cranks it. By the way, we limited out that day on blues, ranging from 4 to 16 lbs. Fishing was fantastic.