OOLOGAH 2-7-09

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by healthydrink, Feb 9, 2009.

1. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Fished with my son, his girlfriend, and their buddy Justin. Justin has a new personal best of 19 lb Bluecat on rod and reel. Found a school of fish about 1:30 and caught about 20 Blues several in the double digits upto 19lbs FOR ABOUT 1 1/2 TO 2 hours then had to leave. Lots of action and lots of fun.:roll_eyes::roll_eyes: Sorry no pics forgot the camera and I do not know how to get the pictures off my phone onto the computer. :sad2:
    Shad were thick and caught about 100 in one throw of the net mostly the nice 6-8 inch size. Blues were in about 20-25 foot of water and water temps were between 36 and 43 degrees seems like they were rising all day.
    Several other boaters were doing good on Black Bass (IN 9FOOT OF WATER), Sandies, and Crappie.

2. Joe

Joe Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
    I just wondered how deep the shad were, sounds like you had a great day. Its good when you take people and get into them good.

3. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yeah where's the shad at, i have a uncle that can't seem to find them over there at oolagah, so we need to know where and what depths?

4. coyote

coyote New Member

State:
    Verdigris, Ok
    Wow!! Where in the lake did you find fish like that on the Big "O" that you could safely fish in this wind today? Way to go!

5. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats. Sounds like an awesome day.

6. riverratokie

riverratokie New Member

State:
    Collinsville Oklahoma
    yeah where are the shad? i cant seem to catch any

7. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    When the water gets cold right after a cold front we have found the 4-6 inch shad right around the ramp near Hawthorne from 22-30 feet of water. There is also a big school at times near Willrogers cove and the cove just to the soutwest of Will Rogers cove near the river channel. When the wind comes hard out of the south Spencer creek and Bluecreek are the spots to be the hard south wind whips and causes it to almost funnel back to the east like a medium west wind. It is a wierd phenomenon about Oologah but I have had some great success at times. I just can't seem to get them figured out when water temps are 35degrees or colder with baormeter dropping. I wil figure it out but just haven't yet.