Oologah 2-28-09 and 3-4-09

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by healthydrink, Mar 5, 2009.

1. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    I am always posting the good trips so here is a couple that were not so great.

I had a couple of guys chomping at the bit to go with me and we had scheduled a trip for 2-28-09 and they still wanted to go even after we knew what the weather was gonna do. I tell you one thing it was down right cold out there Saturday. When we left the ramp it was 32 degrees and the weather folks had said it was going to get warmer. The wind about beat us to death and when we left it was 24 degrees all my poles were frozen and could not even cast a few of them. I found some shad but we could not catch them in the wind. We found some small schools but could only catch 4-5 shad. We tried to fish in the coves out of the wind and after only 2-3 hours on the water we all decided to call it and reschedule. No bites only catfish caught was in the shad net.

Took a day off on Wednesday and fished for a couple of hours. All the fish have congregated in the channels and were stacked up like leaves. Only found one small school that was feeding near a bluff on the north side of the lake fished them for about an hour caught 5 and missed about 5 good bites. They were biting funny only one hit and then they either sit on the bottom with it hooked in their mouth or quit altogether. We CPR'd all fish today. Probably by Saturday they will all be back in the full swing of feeding again. It is suppose to be windy again but I think I got a spot or two that will work if the fish get back in there. :wink:

2. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the report Brad. Better luck next time. I hear tell thats some good flathead water.

3. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Brad,

It's always good to hear any kind of fishing report. I think I forgot how to fish it's been so long. :embarassed: I think the word "job" should be a four letter word cause it's not letting me do anything right now.

4. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    No flatheads in Oolagah...especially up the river above the lake...not a single flathead there...no big ones either.:tounge_out:

5. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    I have not caught any Flatties yet, but I have a couple of buddies that noodle up there and occasionally they have a big fish report on Flatties. I just wish they would leave the big ones in there so they would populate a little more.