Oologah 2-20-09

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by healthydrink, Feb 22, 2009.

1. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    FISHED WITH MY WIFE LISA TODAY. SHE WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT JUST THE TWO OF US FISHING. IT TOOK US A LITTLE WHILE TO FIND SHAD (ABOUT 2 HOURS) BUT THEN WE WERE OFF TO CATCH SOME BLUECATS.
    ANCHORED UP AT THE FIRST SPOT AND CAUGHT TWO FISH, THEN THE WIND CAME UP SOMETHING FIERCE. WE DECIDED TO MOVE A LITTLE WAYS TO GET MORE PROTECTION FROM THE WIND. WE GOT REANCHORED AND SET UP IN PRETTY SHORT ORDER. AFTER ABOUT 15 MINUTES THE SHOW WAS ON.
    LISA REELED ONE AFTER ANOTHER BLUECAT IN. SOMETIMES THERE WAS TWO AT A TIME ON. SHE WOULD GRAB A POLE THEN TELL ME TO GET THE OTHER POLE AND OF COURSE SHE ALWAYS LET ME REEL IN THE SMALLER FISH.
    THE ONLY OTHER FISH I GOT TO REEL IN WAS THE ONES I WAS CHECKING THE BAITS ON AND FISH WERE ON THEM. A FEW TIMES SHE TOOK THE POLES OUT OF MY HANDS WHEN THEY HAD A FISH ON THEM! LOL! SHE WOULD TELL ME BE SURE AND BAIT MY POLES AND CAST THEM BEFORE YOU GO BACK TO YOUR END OF THE BOAT AND TIE YOUR LINE OR BAIT YOUR HOOKS. I HARDLY GOT A CHANCE TO FISH MY END OF THE BOAT BECAUSE SHE WAS HAVING A BLAST. ON THE WAY HOME SHE WAS COMPLAINING THAT HER ARMS AND SHOULDER WAS SORE FROM REELING IN ALL THOSE FISH!!!!!

HAD A GREAT DAY WITH THIS WONDERFUL LADY. WE ENDED UP KEEPING 21 FISH. HAD LOTS OF FISH GET OFF AND ONE (A 10+LBER) SHE SNAGGED IN THE SIDE.

HERE IS SOME OF THE PICTURES WE TOOK. A COUPLE OF 10LBERS AND A 15LB 4 OUNCE WAS THE BIG ONE OF THE DAY. WE WOULD HAVE LIMITED OUT BUT WE HAD TO GO GET THE KIDS. :cool2:

HPIM2652.jpg

HPIM2653.jpg

HPIM2654.jpg

2. Bullheaded

Bullheaded New Member

State:
    Norman Ok
    Congratulations. Sounds like a great day of fishing.

3. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    It ain't every day that a catman gets to enjoy a trip like that and watch his better half catch all the fish!

Keep your arrangement forever... Ya got a great thing going. :wink: :smile2:

4. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Thanks. I know she is something special. I will keeper no CPR on her. LOL!!!!

5. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Looks like a nice day of fishing there Brad....congrats to the both of ya.

6. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
  7. coyote

coyote New Member

State:
    Verdigris, Ok
    Great day on the water for sure. How do you like those fish grippers? I got a pair at the tackle show but haven't tried them out yet.

8. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    We love the grippers. I am thinking about getting another pair or two so I can have them at different spots on the boat.