Oologah 2-12-09

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by healthydrink, Feb 15, 2009.

1. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Went into work and did not have any work. Everyone was standing around so I asked my manager if I could go fishing and at 7:45 I was on my way home and called a neighbor and one of his buddies that have been wanting to go out. on the lake at 10:00am
    We had a stellar day 34 fish boated (around 250-300 lbs) of Blue and Channel catfish. The biggest was a 25lb Blue and was a new personal best for Mitchell my neighbor. We had several in the 10-18 lb range and alot of eaters. The guys had so much fun they did not want the day to end.

Shad had moved from the ramp area and I could not find that school. Went to Will rogers cove and caught about 60 in 4 casts 4-6 inch size. We used all our Shad by the time we quit at about 3:30pm. We only fished for a little over 4 hours.

2. coyote

coyote New Member

State:
    Verdigris, Ok
    You have really got them figured out!!

3. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    are they running any water below oolagah. And are there any good spots to fish on the lake from the bank

4. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Oologah Lake is 0.9 feet ABOVE normal and steady.
    The average discharge will be 902 cubic feet per second.

This from this website you can ckeck it out anytime from the internet

http://www.swt-wc.usace.army.mil/

The only place I fish off the bank is at doublecreek or big creek. However I have not done it in years.