Oolagah

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Quackshutr, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    It's almost 3am, just got back from setting jug lines on Oolagah. Lordy lordy what a miserable start, no wind, tons of bugs, motor died and pull rope wouldn't retract! Arrrrrrrggggggghhhhh, I had to count to ten and then count to ten again to keep my cool. My youngest son and a buddy of mine set out jugs with goldfish and shrimp, tried to recheck all of them once on the way back to the ramp. Caught 5 blues between 1.5 and 7 lbs. I'm looking forward to pulling them at daybreak and see if we caught some good ones! More to be posted later this morning.

Q

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like an exciting night, congrats

3. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    Was a good night, even better morning,,,,, fishing that is. Got boat problems I have to get worked out before we go out again.
    Picked up our jugs along with son and buddy. We had 4 blues, 3 channels and 1 flathead (22#) along with 3 dead small blues in the same area on adjoining jugs (in the line). Not sure what the deal was with that. Oh ya, had 2 smallish fish get off the lines right at the boat!
    Good morning with a nice mess of fish soaking now!

Q

4. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Sounds like fun. Can't wait to get back out there. Been a rough summer with knee surgery and low finances because of it. But just about squared away now and ready to the fish again.

5. harley5247

harley5247 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    If you had hooks below the thermocline that could account for the dead blues, they will go below the thermocline to feed but can't live below it for very long.

6. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK

Yep...this time of year a blue can die in little less than a hour if a hook is in the themocline. If I run jugs this time of year I try to keep them no deeper than 6 feet.