oolagah

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishinfordman, Feb 26, 2009.

1. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    Has anyone been catching fish below oolagah dam.

2. Fish Dog

Fish Dog New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Went this morning,no bites in 2 1/2 hours.they were not running water

3. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    I noticed they were letting water out this weekend when I drove by, was wondering if anyone did any good down there.

4. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    My boy and his crew have been snagging Sponnies there sincs January when the water has ran for a few days in a row. Nothing big 30lbs and lower

5. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    where the spoonies full of eggs

6. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    Not asking you to give away any secret spots or anything, but got any tips for snaggin at Oologah? I've never lived anywhere till now that had spooners, so I'm kinda chompin at the big to snag one. How close to the spillway are they this time of year? As far as rigging goes, just a big ass barbless hook (or handful since I'll hang a bunch up) and weight? How long of leader is a good length?

7. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    I do not know if they had eggs yet. And they have a yellow line painted as the 1000 feet marker. On one side it is all the way down the rocks and on the other side they have a tree painted. Everyone just gets right around the marker. as far as the rigging goes Academy has the trebles in a box I think there is 3 dozen in the box for $15.00 and use 2-4 ounce bell sinkers. bell sinker at the bottom and hook about 1-2 foot up the line tied so the hook shaft stays parallel to the line like a snell works best. Just go down there when they have ran the water for a few days in a row and you will probably see some of them down there. they all share the knowlege just go up and visit with them. I showed my boy how to do it years ago and he has taught all them down there.

They are not running anything right now I wen fishing yesterday and it is closed off. we caught 5 small blues biggest was 7 lbs in the lake. real windy and the fish are still stacked up in the river channels from las weeks cold front.