Only two weeks to fish for flatheads, what would they be?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Mar 19, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Lets say you had only two weeks to fish for flatheads out of the whole year, and they had to be back to back.

What would your time frame be?..I know we cant predict the weather but if I had to take two weeks, I would pick the first two weeks of may.

My second choice would be the first two weeks of august, I catch bigger fish in August, but seem to catch more in MAY.

2. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree with May

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    1st two weeks of May for me also.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I will also agree on the first two weeks in May. Have caught some nice stringers around then....rollo

5. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I would have to say first two weeks of June.Although I catch lots of them in May sometime soon after memorial day they go on a feeding spree here in Kansas.There will be a couple of days that almost anything hits the water will have a flathead on.

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The last week of April & The first week of May.:wink:

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Here's my perfect scenario:

After 2 days of terrential rain, I would like to fish the river high and muddy on the last 2 weeks in August.

My log shows I have a bigger average in that 2 week time frame.

I think the really big and smart flatheads feed heavily in late summer and skip the fall feed.

8. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    antime in may that i can get out period :tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out:

9. crazycat1

crazycat1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Definately the first two weeks of June. I have a spot where the big shovels feed during this time frame every year. A lot of fish over 30 lbs.

10. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, I would take the first week in May and then I would take a week in the middle of Oct. I always do really good in Oct on the fall bite. I caught a lot of nice Big Freight Trains in Oct last season, including my PB !
    Matt AKA DESODE

11. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    River Flats....first couple weeks of June...Lake Flats... early September :wink:

12. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    my fishing evolves so much around the river falling/rising that i couldnt give you an honest answer. im sure towards fall though.

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Ive never really been able to hit it hard in the spring due to operational commitments...this year though my name got left off the rosters for the the spring exercises! The best luck that I have had though was in the fall. October time frame.