Only in Kansas!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by KansasKatter, Jan 12, 2007.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    WOW! Yesterday the official high was 70 degrees, shattering the old record by 7 degrees.

Today...........19 degrees this morning, and temp. supposed to drop all day with freezing rain.............50 degree swing in less than 24 hours!:eek:oooh:

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Jeff, Do you think it will affect the catfishing? :big_smile:

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    It's already snowing on the MO side.

4. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    If I heard right this morning, the area of the Tex/Okla border dropped over 30 degrees in 3 hours.

5. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas

You heard right, it did that here too. Last night when I went into the bowling alley at 5:30 it was 66 degrees. When I came out at 11:30, it was 24 degrees.

Gary, I was actually going to fish this weekend, have a 3 day weekend, but I don't believe even I am tough enough to fish in this weather, even if they WERE biting! :confused2:

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    only in kansas..NOT!!!!

Oklahoma is KNOWN for big swings like this.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Personally. I wish you yankees would keep this crap up north. You don't have to share everything. LOL

8. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    my thoughts exactly. lord why did i come back to this?

9. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Me too.......I would give anything to live back in North Carolina again, of all the places I have lived, that was definately my favorite state!

Except when we got 24" of snow in Raleigh, you talk about shutting a city down!! Those poor folks don't have the means to handle 2" of snow, let alone 22" in 11 hours! I think it was 2000, or '99? Can't remember for sure. Just remember opening my apartment door and snow drifted clear to the top of it!:confused2:

10. SNAGGED

SNAGGED New Member

State:
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    Makes for great pheasant hunting.

11. stressedcat

stressedcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    If the ice stays off the muddy MO and the wind don't blow I"ll still give it a try even if there is snow on the ground. Spent this winter gathering some real nice Garcia reels and great cat rods. But it's not that long till spring.

Thanks

Kirk

12. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Did you get the 2-3 inches of ice I heard about on the weather channel, Jeff? I am lookin at 5" icicles danglin from everything and plenty of broken tree limbs littering the yard, but the squirrels and birds don't seem to mind :smile2:
    Hope all is well and you're keepin warm!

13. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    We have been pretty lucky. Most of the ice and bad stuff missed us to the south and the east. We have a good coating of sleet and a lot of COLD AIR!!! :tounge_out: