Only caught one

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by rcneman, Nov 19, 2006.

1. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    I went over around cheatham dam on sat morning at daylight. Picked up some shrimp and chicken for bait. Launched the boat a little after daylight and had to stay around the ramp for maybe 30 minutes as the fog was THICK! :sad2: Good thing tho...as there was a decent school of shad right next to the ramp, so i castnetted a few of those.

After the fog lifted enough to see the front of the boat :eek:oooh: .. I went to some areas that i hadn't fished before so i did quite a bit of roaming around lookin at the finder before i settled on a spot.
    The current was pretty strong and there was a LOT of debri in the water...it kept grabbin my lines.

well anyways i had a few hits on shrimp and live shad...but didn't catch anything. I had a massive chunk of chicken on my biggest pole. i secured everything to move to another spot and as i was moving on up the river...i noticed by dog makin some strange movements out of the corner of my eye.
    I quickly glanced back at my boxer...and she was shakin her head, with chicken and fishin line hangin out of her mouth! :angry:

OH CRAP...i slammed the throttle into idle and grabbed her to calm her down...fortunately she was lip hooked and since it was one of the 6/0 gama circles the barb had not penetrated..i'm guessing cause the hook is so thick....i pulled the hook out and she was fine...But i got to experience a few moments of horrow as i initially thought the hook was lodged in her throat.

The wind started kickin up a bit..and i felt sick about what had happened..so i headed to the house.

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Goood thing she didn't swallow it, My dogs has this attraction for my skip jack rigs with 3 or 4 fuzzy jigs on them, she can't resist grabbin them when ever she gets a chance.

3. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    glad your dog didnt get hurt as bad as he could have.

4. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    good luck on your next trip - and watch your dog!:big_smile: I am hoping to fish Old Hickory this winter because I have never caught a blue cat. I have done some reading on that lake and I have learned how they get the cats.

5. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Robert, sorry you had a bad trip, maybe next time it will be better.