Only bank fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by stinkbaitguy, Sep 13, 2007.

1. stinkbaitguy

stinkbaitguy New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I wanna hear from all the folks who fish from the bank,and if you wanna share info on the best holes to fish.

2. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Bank guy here. I fish the Wateree area to include the lake and the river. The 378 bridge outside of Sumter produces the occasional 10# cat. But the water is way to low to even consider fishing there. That is my main spot when the water is up a bit higher, but have dabbled around the lake with mediocre success.

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm bank fishing also Scott. I usually fish Keowee or 12 mile river atm. I still haven't found a good hole yet. The fish are far and to few lately. Anyone know if Twin Lakes is any good ? A story telling friend of mine told me he tore them up a week ago.....I dunno about that.

4. stinkbaitguy

stinkbaitguy New Member

State:
    south carolina
    the best spot ive found is at the hydro station up on lake norman

5. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Ok, I got my pic up now. Please tell me Im not the only one who takes my fish home and keeps them alive in the bathtub. I've got a picture of my biggest cat but dont have a way to get it on the web. This one was 9# on a bathroom scale, lol.

6. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    You guys get hung up alot off the bank ? I fish around the rocks and I use them Finesse drop weights. I really like them and dont see anyone else doing it. They dont have to be tied on and they really hold in place. I only use the pencile shaped kind and the 3/4 oz is my most used. I put my circle hook 12" or so from the weight. Cost is usually under $5 for 5 weights. Im considering making my own wights.

7. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    No Jim, You are not the only guy that keeps his fish in the bathtub, But my wife has kind of put the brakes on my keeping anything in the bath tub. Last time I did that, it was a tator sack full of bull frogs, and she still reminds me of the night we spent Chasing frogs all over the house. I had come in late so I thought I would wait till morning to clean them,so I put them on the back porch in one of those deep wash tubs, and just covered it with something. well my mistake was, I just forgot to close the door to the wash room. Dam you can't thank of everything at that time of the morning.

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Jim And Scott I dont bank fish well for bait but welcome to the BOC. You should find a wealth of knowledge from other bank fisherman here.

9. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Thw weights cost under $2 for 5 weights. For some reason I wrote $5,,,my bad on the typo. I wonder how I can find someone that home makes them to buy....Flea Market is my only guess so far.

10. stinkbaitguy

stinkbaitguy New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I have no idea,ill tell ya though the best selection for catfishin stuff is bass pro shop!I go to the one in concord.

11. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    I haven't been to any of them yet but I do have the catalog. Its got it all. I'm into making things so I use it for inspiration : )

12. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    ive fished wateree at camp site # 16 theres a spot by the shore there where i casted about a good 130 feet with shad and killed them my biggest cat was a 16 pound channel and a 20 pound flathead and a frist for me a wateree striper that was 10 pounds the shad were about 4 inches long besides mt biggest fishes i must have caught abot 30 catfish within one week so that was mt best hole ever besides twin lakes but thats another story:wink:

13. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    I'm gonna hit 12 mile river again since I did so good last week. They call for slight chance of showers but I don't see it lasting long. I know one thing for sure.......I'm using these bigger hooks I just bought today ;
    )

14. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I fished the bank my entire life until this past year and have had very good luck. ive caught a couple 40# pounders from the bank and alot of other nice fish. Still fish from the bank in certain areas. My favorite spot from the bank was a tributary that had two inlets of water coming into one point. I would fish that point in about 30 feet of water. I would use a 1 oz rolling sinker to get the bait into the area their wasnt any snags really so I got to cover the area before the hole and then the bait would finally rest in the hole where I caught most of my fish, still to this day one of my favorit holes.

15. daddyrabbit

daddyrabbit New Member

State:
    Lake City S.C.
    Not a lot of experience with banking for cats. However whith internet acess you have the key to the world!