One Year Ago Today ("Remembering Deltalover")!

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by shania, Aug 1, 2007.

1. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Good Morning,

One year ago today, I lost one of the best Fishing Buddies & Friends that I ever had:
    ("Phillip Deltalover Gaines")

I don't have to tell my Brothers & Sisters of the Brotherhood how Great of a person Phil was those that knew him through this web-site or if you got to meet him in person, all I know is that I it fell as if I have knew Phil for years, (& it was only about 2 years). But I wanted to say that myself & his B.O.C. family that did, will never forget him & that we all miss him so very, very much.
    (Because - I know that he's looking down on us all all of the time.) :wink:

I really can't get more into the kind of man he was, because my home Computer is down at this at this time & I'm on the one at my job just to say:
    R.I.P. Buddy, because myself & your B.O.C. Brothers & Sisters
    "Miss You & Love You" and we will never forget you!

Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bert it is good of you to offer this Rememberance of Philip. God Bless You.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    He was definatly one of the BOC's finest and will be missed. Bert you were a good friend to him buddy. Thanks for reminding us of a great BOC brother that will be missed.

4. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Phillip has been missed and will always live on through his old post here on the B.O.C. . Thanks for remembering him.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Thanks Bert, I know that Phillip loved you (and the rest of his BOC family) very much. I think of him, especially when I hear a song mentioning California. We used to chat occasionally about y'all's state of residence (I've never been there) and more often than not, discuss recipes and ways to cook different foods. He is missed, and will always be remembered.

6. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    I have missed Phillips post on the board. I have been useing his butterfly shad tip with pretty good succes with the 2 and 3 in shad I net.
    Phillip may the big cats bite well for you as you sit on the bank of heaven

7. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Bert, Judy and I were looking through our e-mail addresses tonight and came across Phil's address, it brought tears to our eyes. Although we never got to meet Phil in person we felt he was a great friend and we still miss him an awful lot. He was truly one of a kind and a wonderful man.

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    In memory of {Phillip DeltaLover Gaines }We here at the BOC and all the California member's miss you greatly.

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Every once in awhile, someone will bump up an old post for comment, and as you read through them, up pops Phillip's avatar and comment... So he's still out there keepin' an eye on us...

10. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Bert, good to hear from you..... and, again I did not have the opp to meet this great "catman" and buddy of yours..... I was not sure where you have been lately.....

."I really can't get more into the kind of man he was, because my home Computer is down at this at this time & I'm on the one at my job just to say:
    R.I.P. Buddy, because myself & your B.O.C. Brothers & Sisters
    "Miss You & Love You" and we will never forget you!"

can't wait to see more of your posts when the machine gets fixed, so that you can post at home where you have more time to do so.........bayrunner ray

11. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Bert, even if it was for only two years I know he felt fortunate to have such a good friend as you.
    I sure miss Phil on here too, as I'm sure all the other members that remember him do.

12. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    As a tribute to this fine man, perhaps some of us could find one of his posts and bump the thread, or link to it in this thread?

It's good to honor the departed BOC brothers, both for those who knew him as well as for the benefit of the new members coming aboard. I guess he can be considered a true BOC veteran.

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Joel,
    Here is a post about underwater lights of his that I found.:wink:
    (Enjoy)

Underwater lights to attract bait
    I noticed that there are a few companies that sell underwater lights that attract baitfish. I even read about a few homemade ones made from 12 volt car light! Green seems to be the color of choice! I read a few testamoinal's from fisherman that used them and they sounded pretty good! You do have to use them at night or in low light, about 10 feet down, but not only do these attract baitfish, they also attract large predators (cat fish) chasing the bait! I guess the green light doesnt freak them out! I know around docks the lights out of the water, but pointing to the water, will attract bait fish anyway. Has anyone used one of these or have tips on making them? I know from doing a search, you can buy them from 25 bucks to 60 or so, most work off of 12 volts.

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    bert, i wish ya the best and hang on to those memmories. me and phillip (hate to use username) cuz me and mr gaines talked a bit. i really liked him and i consider him to be one if the best members the b.o.c. ever had. i too take a moment to remember phillip. god bless. i went offline for a while and when i came back i seen a im memmory of thread. ill surly miss him. to phillip the b,o,c, should make a toast. rest with gods love my friend.

15. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I never got to meet him in person but I know we all knew him as a good friend and brother to us. We miss him with this family of catfishermen.
    He will always be remembered.

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I don't know how I missed this thread but I'm sorry Bert.
    Phillip(Deltalover) seemed like a really great guy though I only talked to him in a few posts and chat a couple times. Wish I could have got to know him, he was a very knowledgable guy.
    I still keep you and His family in my thoughts and Prayers.

17. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    John, I missed this to. Thanks for bumping it back up. I've missed his posts, he was always positive and a true gentleman on here. He was one of the first people I remember when I joined the BOC. He's one of the good guys that left this life to early. But, God always has a plan. RIP, Phillip Gaines

18. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Phillip was a great man and even more a great friend. He brought so much fun and information to his posts and being a member of the BOC. He will be missed by all and the BOC lost a great member which stood for everything the BOC is about. Bert you made a great post brother and he will be missed. Rest in peace my friend.