One werid phobia of mine...Yours are?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SweetSymphony672, Jul 7, 2008.

1. SweetSymphony672

SweetSymphony672 New Member

State:
    England
    Again, the title is the subject - PHOBIAS!

What are yours?

Mine are:
    Spiders
    Flying
    Going underwater
    Opened Doors
    Heights

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

i am afraid of flying..that is not a phobia, by definition. when planes crash, people die. it is logical to be afraid of crashing in a plane:wink::big_smile:

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I guess my only phobia is SPIDERS!!!! I hate those %$#@ things!

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't know that I have a phobia but I don't like snakes and spiders.

Some of my first jobs had to do with height so that was never a problem.

Been riding on planes most of my life.
    More people are killed in cars than planes. :wink:

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    true, Dayton, but when i drive the car no one dies:wink:
    they won't let me drive the plane:smile2:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I ain't skeeered of nuthin, cept Spiders. Lord i rather sleep in a den of rattlers than have a spider in the house.

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Phil, more folks die in hospitals than anywhere else.

I have only one and it definitely lives up to Phil's definition above.
    Take any "used" paper towel or napkin. Place it within sight of me and I will no longer be within sight. I have absolutely no explanation as to why such a thing bothers me, but no matter the use it had, once used, it's a "snot rag"!!!!! I am serious, I am getting nervous just writing about it. It isn't a bit funny to me and has caused many an embarrassing moment. I can't explain why, I just realize it's there. Most folks who know me, understand and would not think to "pull a prank". They know I have been in two auto accidents due to this very phobia. It's real, not imagined or faked. I have lost 3 friends in my life who thought it would be funny if................well, never mind, they were not my friends after that.

8. SweetSymphony672

SweetSymphony672 New Member

State:
    England
    :eek:oooh:Okay, the first post I sent included something about opened doors, well it's true, I can't stand being in a room with an open door.

It has to be properly shut, it can't even be opened if you just pulled/pushed it, it mus be opened by pushing down a handle, twisting a knob e.t.c

Weird I know, I can't go into a room where a door will be slightly open otherwise I MUST go and shut it...No idea why though :eek:oooh:

9. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Mine would also be SPIDERS, I had one crawl across my chest up at the deer camp and I almost jumped through the ceiling.

10. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I dont really have any, im not trying to sound like a coumpter tough guy or anything, but its just how i was raised, im pretty cold to most things like that. Maybe the only thing i may be afraid of is not being able to provide for my family.

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Just heights, other than that I aint skeered of much.

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Uhhhh Phil thats because you Fly a plane not drive it:smile2:

Mine would be spiders or house centipeds

Attached Files:

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Spiders ,flying and ,Its not a phobia ,But I hate a dimly lit room in the daytime,My wife shuts the blinds to keep the heat out during the day. I know it works,but I cant stand it ,feels like I'm in a dungeon. as for the plane thing,I have a problem lettin any stranger be in charge of any VEHICLE with ME in it.:cool2:

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    not true, Gary

you stand corrected, my friend:wink::smile2:

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ryang, your centipede looks harmless. :smile2:

I like these Arkansas centipedes about like snakes and spiders.
    And yes, I've seen those devils in houses. :eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

16. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    If you've ever seen those spiders in Arachnophobia, they have a small body, but the legs are long and hairy making them look bigger. I had the same kind out where I used to live and they were always freaking running out of places or boxes when you opened them. One night I was watching tv in the bedroom and that was the only light in the room and right between me and the tv one of those damn spiders hung down from the ceiling and landed right on my blanket IN BETWEEN MY LEGS, I swear it was 3 inches around (my hair is standing up on my arms just remembering it) and that sucker just hauled a** right off the end of the bed. I didn't even realize I was standin in the bed for a few seconds. I don't think I have a phobia, but I damn near crapped my pants! I never found that spider and sleeping that night required the help of my good friends Jack and Bud........

17. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    How big do those get Dayton? The one I dont like isnt very big, at its biggest about 3 inches but they are fast as all get go and creeeeeepy.

And Phil I was joking dagnabit:tounge_out:

18. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Ah, so Phil, you phobia is being wrong? Man, you must run around scared a lot. LOL

19. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Mostly snakes and a little heights but Im a lot better about both than I used to be.

20. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've seen em 6 or 7 inches. That was many years ago when we first moved to AR. Saw several in the old house where we lived. I've seen a few real small ones here in our house.