One to grow

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by plumbertom1, Mar 26, 2008.

1. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I heard the stripers were biting at Quail lake so I decided to give it a try.
    I had never fished the Inlet area of the lake so I found a parking spot closer than the lot off 138 and decided I would check it out.
    It was definitely closer to the inlet (3/4 mi. compared to 2-1/2) than the parking lot. Still a good hike considering it's all down hill going in and of course you have to contend with the climb getting out again.
    The climb was only about 300' but with my disability that's a tough walk.
    Anyway, I got there and tossed my favorite striper lures for a couple of hours with no action so I decided to soak a wad of crawlers for a while.
    But after all that activity my back was acting up so I had to lay down on the shore to relax it a little. Needless to say warm sunshine and a cool breeze did their work and I nodded off for almost an hour. When I awoke I checked my bait and found that it had been removed.
    I baited up again with a three worm wad and tossed it out again. After about a half hour I got an aggressive bite and hooked up with a channel of around 1-1/2 lb.
    I took the hook out of it's lip and took it's picture then tossed it back to grow up a little more IMG_0003-1.jpg .
    Looks like I got the skunk off me to start this years catfish season.
    Maybe I'll see you all at Mendota soon.

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    congrats tom, glad you got it started. i got 3 out of the canals a few days ago.
    sent you a pm also.
    gary

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    And the pic looks like hes thankin ya for it. LOL! Thanx for sharein.

4. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I don't know about that but I was thanking it for wiping the skunk off me.

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    OK Tom - I know that "it's on now"! :wink: :0a23:
    Now that I don't have to worry about that ole skunk messing up my day of fishing, because you took care of all that.
    You Broke the ice & now "IT'S ON"!
    (You broke the ice for us.)
    :wink: