One thing that stinks - No one in my family hunts or fishes

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by field989, Jun 4, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    one thing that i dont like is nobody in my family hunts or fishes
    i finally got my dad into hunting, but everyone else.... no go..... my dad is a nonfisherman... dont blame me ive tried to get him into catting more than 1 time, still dont wanna fish... cant say i havent tried,...... so here in the next year or so i would like to get a boat (after i get my car fixed up:lol: on account of im gonna get my license) in the next year or 2 i wanna get a boat lol probably a jon boat

guess i gotta start pinchin my pennies lol

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Man usually it's the dad saying that about his kids.....LOL!

Maybe you can get your dad into it, if you can get him hooked up with a big cat, or get him into some fast biting, "eater" cats.

I just got to ask though, if nobody in your family likes to fish, how did you start doing it, and liking it?

I know I probably would have never gone fishing if my grandpa and Dad weren't serious fisherman.

Good luck,

Zakk:smile2:

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    o oops forgot about granny

shes the one who got me into fishing...

thats right good ole grandma

really glad she did too

and i still go fishin with her to this day

but i started fly-fishin on my own (dont worry i do it to catch bait for them big ole flatties)

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    i pretty much know how you feel. my family in this state dont fish or hunt. with the exception of my 14 yr old neice i taught to fish. and now im getting my wife to fish once in a while. my brother has a nice speed boat that he takes out to beltzville and lake wallenpaupak. he's getting his licence to fish this summer cause he's tired of being laughed at. when he's in the boat shop everyones like..yep good day for fishin. their biting on blah blah blah and he's like im just taking my kids out to cruise around the lake. so their thinking he's a tard wasting all that gas just riding in circles doing 45 mph instead of fishing.

5. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    if i was him i would tell them to shove it....... lol

thats just me... or i would just ignor them :smile2:

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh, that's pretty cool. I wish my grandma liked to fish, sometimes she will go and catch a few bream but she doesn't get into it at all.

7. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    i always thought it was kinda weird (cause i dont see or hear of a lot of older lady fishers)

but i dont really care as long as i have fun and maybe catch some fish

also a good way to spend time with relatives

8. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    You know i was the only one in my family who liked to fish.
    Mom, Dad and Sisters would never go. I started to ride my bike to local Lakes and Ponds just so i could wet a line. Taught myself how to clean and cook fish. Thank the Lord my Wife and 8 Year old Daughter loves to fish and eat them too. Now i am working on my 10 month old Daughter.... Teach 'em young.

9. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    i guess there is one pond i could go to... but gonna have to downsize on alot of stuff...

but i also live in town so thats like 2 strikes....

but only 1 more month(it is june right) lol

woohooo

common july 16!!!!

next will be a boat
    then it will be a whole nether relm of catfishing..... i cant wait!!!

10. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    Don't knock some of them Ponds, some of my biggest fish (Freshwater) have come from them. They are sometimes overlooked because of a Lake or River nearby is thought to give up bigger fish. But that may not always be the case.

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You want to come and live with me?:big_smile: .I got my son into fishing around 7years old..He like it untill he turned around 14, he is 18 now and has been girl and car crazy every since and hates to fish.

12. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i feel ya man. my dad doesnt hunt or fish till i get on his last nerve about it lol. i got into fishin when i was like two and for some reason my dad just never caught on at all in life......and for some reason he never hunted. my grandpa used to tell me thousands of stories about him chasing squirrels as a kid. but now im catchin cats and huntin deer....its kinda hard with him not wantin to take me, but as long as i get a ride somehow im ok lol

13. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

ya know, Jeff, if it was me i'd be looking for someone to adopt me:0a10: :lol:

14. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana

lol yeah but i only got to wait another month and then FREEDOM lol at least i cat go fishin almost whenever i want, and hello more nightfishing:big_smile:

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    too Bad You Live So Far Away, Sure Could Ues A Good Fishin Partner. Usually Have To Go By Myself And That Gets Boring.least I Win All Arguments That Way. The Only One Of My Kids Who Likes To Fish Never Seems To Have The Time. What With His Job, Going To College For His Masters Degree And His Wife Doing All The Planning,he Doesn't Have Much Time For Extra Things. Sure Glad My Wife Doesn't Do All The Planning.

16. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yeah, once i get my license there will be alot on solo fishing trips, kinda wish a had a fishing partner though lol

but maybe someday

17. haroldlp

haroldlp New Member

State:
    IN
    Hey Jeff, I am in North central IN around Syracuse. Wife and I go fishing every week if not more often, drop me a note and maybe we can hook up. We get our new to us boat out of the shop this week so will have plenty of room for ya.

18. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've often thought about the fact that so many kids never get a chance to hunt or fish, due to the lifestyles of so many these days; single parents, urban living, etc. Our state has a program to mentor kids in fishing and hunting (Take One, Make One), and I would imagine most states have a similar program, so that is an option for any of you that want to fish and don't have someone to share it with you. My grandfather used to take me when I was very young, and I still remember almost every one of those trips today. My stepfather probably taught me more about fishing than any single person, though. He passed away a week or so gone, and during the funeral, my thoughts were on the fishing and hunting trips we made when I was younger. I wish every kid could at least have an opportunity to try the outdoors, and decide if it is right for them.
    All of my children grew up fishing and hunting with me, and they still love it today. The grands and following right along, too. My greatest pleasure is to take a kid (and some adults who don't get to fish much) along and watch them catch fish, or just observe the wildlife while we're out on the water or in the woods.
    Do yourself a favor, take a kid (or someone) along next time you go fishing.:smile2: