Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I had some positive feedback on the previous post, so I thought I would share one of James' biggest flatheads on here. His first was a blue, and a week later he topped he PB (at the time). I caught this one on a black max abu garcia. That rod ended up breaking on the next fish (was tiny) we caught, but was it a long fun fight! If you are good with drag, I strongly encourage catching some of these fish on light tackle. It is a lot of fun!

I can't wait to share our PB, so stay tuned for that video. Also I will be doing a giveaway around Christmas for that video too! So subscribe if you enjoy the video, and you may get some free fishing gear/gift card! We are a very small youtube channel, so the chances of winning are really good right now!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great to see your son catching big blues and flatheads. Don't forget to show him how to find these majestic creatures in the waters they originated from.
I had his wading our back creek at 2 years old, catching channels lol. We love to fish every lake and river around! I normally don't fish pay lakes, but the owner at this one is a really awesome guy.

I love that you let him do it as much as possible that's how I do it with my kids. We had a 4 day trip where we caught 208 channel cats I reeled in 2 my friend reeled in 12 and my 4 boys reeled in the rest. It's nice when dad's let their sons learn good job.
208 is wild! I wish we had a good spot like that around my area! But, I agree he ends up catching everyone we hook just about lol. Most of the time they bite his rod anyways!

·
Registered
Justin from Utah
1,515 Posts

I had some positive feedback on the previous post, so I thought I would share one of James' biggest flatheads on here. His first was a blue, and a week later he topped he PB (at the time). I caught this one on a black max abu garcia. That rod ended up breaking on the next fish (was tiny) we caught, but was it a long fun fight! If you are good with drag, I strongly encourage catching some of these fish on light tackle. It is a lot of fun!

I can't wait to share our PB, so stay tuned for that video. Also I will be doing a giveaway around Christmas for that video too! So subscribe if you enjoy the video, and you may get some free fishing gear/gift card! We are a very small youtube channel, so the chances of winning are really good right now!
I liked your videos so I'm the one that commented and subscribed to your channel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.