One of my projects

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TA2D, Feb 20, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Here is one of my projects that I am working on in the off season. It is alot of concept right now, but basically I am going to mount a T-1 (3mm) UV LED in the 385-395 wavelength so that it will cause things to fluorece just like a hippie blacklight, also there will be a strip of fluorecent paint on the underside, that will glow when exposed to the UV light. This set up should (in theory) be great for night fishing, another plus would be some types of monofiliament will glow when exposed to the UV.

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TA2D

Attached Files:

2. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Aaron

Sounds like a great idea. Keep us all posted on the out come. Just remember nothing was invented and worked out on the first try.

3. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Good thinkin bro!Let us know how it turns out.I fish out of an old boat and just use a headlamp.Ya got a great idea:cool:

4. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Thanks guys, when I get working prototype I will post some pics. Also I may need some help with field trials. My personal prototype rod is going to be an 8' Berkley big game Med/Hvy action I can't go too much smaller than that, and an ugly stik is out of the question because of the solid clear tip, but I do have some Ideas for an Ugly stik.

TA2D

Aaron

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Sounds good , Im a baitclicker guy myself , but sounds great for the tightliners. :)