One More White River Attempt

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Crackr, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Gonna give it one more go this Saturday night on WR near Martinsville. Haven't caught a flathead yet this year, and I figure if I come up short again, it may be spawning time. I'll be hangin' up the rods until prolly the 4th of July weekend. If anybody is in the area of Henderson Ford Access site Saturday night, look me up. May be a wet trip.....forecast calls for rain.

2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Thiking about going south Saturday night. Mght see you there.Do you go in off of 37 or 67? I will probably go through mooresville. How do i get there off 67?

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It is almost guaranteed. You quit going and they will come off the spawn or move into that area. Everyone else will catch YOUR fish. You sure you want that?

4. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
  5. chuck luck

chuck luck Member

State:
    indiana
    A buddy of mine caught one last Sat. night down there. 50 lbs. 5oz. I'll try to post a pic of it on here, never done it before. Good luck, don't catch 'em all. Chuck.

Attached Files:

6. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks all for the replies and input. Greatly appreciated. Now for the instructions:

Northbound/Southbound 67: When you have reached the yellow flashing lights in Centerton (the Citgo gas station is the landmarker at these lights), go the opposite direction of the Citgo.

At this point, you are on Centerton Rd. heading east. Follow this road approx 4-6 miles until you reach a stop sign. This intersection is Henderson Ford Rd.

Make a right on Hen. Ford rd, follow this rd approx. 2-3 miles....you will cross a bridge, and the access site turnoff is to your right immediately after crossing the bridge.

Yell 'Crackr' if need be.......if a bearded man with bibs comes stumbling outa the woods, it is NOT a Deliverance Re-Enactment....it's me LMAO!!!!!

Hope the directions help, and hope to see ya there!!!!! God Bless.

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Crckr ,Thanks for the info .If i ain't raining to hard Iplan on being there.

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    tell your buddy nice fish chuck!

9. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Got there aroung 6:30 and stayed until 1:30am.....struck out. I'm gonna give it a rest until around the 4th of July. Only thing active was the turtles my buddy fed with his chicken liver lol. I used live and cut creek chubs and maybe had one hit in that 5 hr span. All in all an uneventful night on the river.

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Never give up bro, that's why it's called Flathead fishing!!!!
    You'll get your day, in your case, NIGHT!!!

11. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Crackr....I was down there Sunday night too. If you saw the red Dodge truck..that was ours. It was slow. We only caught 5 flatheads all night and the biggest was only 9 lbs. The river came up about a foot and a half while we were out. Then when we got back to the boat ramp, some jerks had totally trashed it and left trash and fireworks everywhere. We cleaned it up...simply because I consider the White River "my" river...but I really hope that the Morgan Co. sheriff and DNR start doing more checks down there. I sent them an e-mail with pictures Monday. I am tired of cleaning up other peoples messes.