One more to the Family

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by Kip Brandel, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    I went by the Pawn shop in town about a week ago checking stuff out and saw a Rock Island 1911 in the case. Well after about 10 days of thinking about it I made it a Family member yesterday.
    Wolf Threaded barrel, Compensated bushing, Adjustable Trigger, McCormic 10 shot mags, Extended beaver tail, Stainless Ambidexterious safety, Stainless mag release, Stainless slide release and Hogue Grips. I took it out and put a few target rounds through it and hit a cat food can 5 of 5 times at 20 yds.:wink:

Attached Files:

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    looks nice bro,glad it shoots good for you.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kip congrats on the add to your collection. Looks sharp.

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
  5. m slayton

m slayton New Member

State:
    florida
    sweet addition to the family i have my self been wondering about that brand . i noticed there a lil more affordable then say colt i really want a 1911 but chose a glock 21 instead simply on the fact that the glock holds 13 in the clip and the clip doesn't stick out like most extended clips do . so i hope to read more on your 1911 . congrats again . any ammo that is doesn't like to shoot ? my glock hates blazer alumn. cases gl bud be safe

6. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    considering the criterion for a 1911 is 8 in a horse blanket at 25yds..:smile-big:

7. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    WHEN DID THEY SHRINK IT TO A BLANKET? I THOUGHT IT WAS THE WHOLE HORSE! A friend has an ORIGINAL first year 1911 that his grandfather used and at 10 yds you are lucky if you keep them in a 36X36 target. Thank GOD for modern parts!

Last edited: May 5, 2010