One more time?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Jul 20, 2008.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I'm going tonight, regardless. If someone wants to ride, give me a PM. I'm thinking 6 or 7 at Columbia bottoms. Probably fish until 11-12 since I get to head into the office in the morning......hopefully reeking of catfish slime.

Hey ratman, did you get 'em shallow again last night?

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Greg, I'd go out with ya, but I'm taking my Dad. It'll be his first time EVER in a boat with me since I've owned one, and I've had one for five years now, So I'm kinda excited about it. Ryan may be looking for someone to fish with. I don't think he has to get up for work in the morning:smile2: Either way, good luck. I'll probably hit the river around 7. Too damn hot to be out there now.:wink:

3. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I can't believe that there isn't someone that doesn't want to catch nessie during this hot bite.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'd go in a heartbeat Greg but I am Mr. Mom the rest of the week while Mrs SkipEye is out of town.:confused2: And I can't leave the kids here alone. I mean they are old enough but the house would be reduced to rubble if unsupervised. LOL!

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I'd take you up on your offer but I gotta work tommorrow and 4 am gets here earlier every year.. This old fart needs alot of sleep anymore..

6. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Come on.......

You just don't want it bad enough. I can guarantee you won't get your name off the board soaking in a bubble bath.

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    OH NO!!! Get that picture out of my mind!!!!!
    AAAAAAAAAAAA go away, go away!

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I think the hot bite has sizzled off.............unfortunately.......I was out last night and only caught four fish, biggest was pushing 20 pounds. The bite has passed and I hope I will find it like I did on Wednesday/Thursday morning! Good Luck, keep us posted!

9. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    The bit definately slowed down last night and the fish that I did find were out a little deeper. One fish did come out of 10' of water but that was the only one, the rest were in 30' of water.

10. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    The bite has definetely slowed down some. I just got back in, and we only boated 2 fish. A 15, and a 10. Not really any more bites than that either. They both came super shallow. I did set up on some pigs in 40ft of water on the blowout of a wingdike though. Didn't get a bite there either, so decided to call it a night. Have to report to jury duty at 8 am. :confused2::confused2::crazy:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    At least you are on the appropriate side of the courtroom. :smile2::cool2:

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Don't give up quite yet, boys, my vacation aint over. I put my weather and bite request in extending through thursday morning and I expect to get my moneys worth.:wink:

Fate is cruel sometimes. I wanted hot dry weather an that's what I got. Forgot to mention I also wanted my air conditioner to keep working.:eek:oooh: I have been working on it since Saturday morning. It appears ok as of now, we'll see. It's fooled me before by running an hour, then dying. Changed out two capacitors, blower motor, fuse and rewired to the thermostat. Did I mention I was on vacation?:wink:

13. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.

Vacation ? Whats that like?

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    It's like, a, I'm getting paid to sit at home. How's that work for you?

15. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    So how long has Jer been on vacation... hehehe.. Hey Tom just think if you wasn't on vacation you'd pay somebody else to fix the ac..

16. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here are a few pics from my trip out with "gpolce" and my brother-in-law Saturday morning. Total of 6 fish, 2 small flatheads and 4 blues with biggest at 27lbs.

Attached Files:

17. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Boy..... Greg sure likes them flower-dee shorts there doesn't he? Thems the same flower-dee shorts in his Avatar. Must be his lucky flower-dee shorts!:smile2:

Course...... not nearly as shocking as RAT in pigtails.:smile2:

18. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.

My GrandMa has a pair Just Like them

She says their PERTTY

19. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    It looks as though the "fashion police" is out in full force. I'm kind of surprised
    the membership includes guys from the BOC, but whatever. If men's clothing turns your crank, more power to you.

Skipeye's comments are even more confusing, however. He didn't seem to mind my flowered boxers a few nights ago.....

20. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If it wasn't for gpolce having a boat, I would refuse to be seen with him in those damn shorts. It is embarassing to be seen with a man in circa 1980 Original Jams trying to catch blue cats on the Mississippi. Then again, Skipeye is right that is is not nearly as awful as seeing the Rat in those pigtails.:smile2: