One more time.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by FREESPOOL, Dec 8, 2007.

1. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Just thought you all needed to see it again. :crazy: He's still out there. With his buddies. Just laughing at us!!

Attached Files:

2. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Yes he is.. all he needs to do is come north... I'll be waiting for him.. hehehe

Dan, I thought you had a fight to watch.. Whatcha doing on here... hehehe

Gary, how'd you guys do today..

3. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    That is one big catfish. What did he weigh?

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    The guy didn't have a scale big enough to weigh him.. His 100 lb scale bottomed out so he let him go..

5. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I hope he's still out there swimming, the 'ol boy said he dragged that fish for about 2 miles up river with a rope through the gills. I sure hope that fish is alive. The guy meant well but I sure hope that fish is alive.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

No, No, No.......... Josh (Crazy) said the fish was drug two miles upriver. Radish stated it was 100 or 200 yards, to the bank where his wife could take a pic!

Maybe it was handled a bit rough but we don't know that it died. At least he gave it a chance. I am sure a 100+ pound fish is pretty hard to handle by yourself.

Yes..... it could have been done a little differently but it is always easy to judge from the sidelines.

Still.........it is an awesome catch!!!!!

If the commercial guys would have got it , it would be fillets by now! Sorry, after today I'm going after the commercial guys!

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

I'm with you on going after the commercial guys!!

Well that's good, I thought it said two miles, guess that was crazy's post. Anyway I hope that big 'ol boy/girl is still lurking in the depths!

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Hey what do you suppose to think when a guy says.. "it was a 2 mile ride". Oh well maybe I'm the only one that thinks the thing is shady. Oh well he cought the fish and let it go, I gave him reps for it. :big_smile:

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    The ordeal with Daryll just proves that we all need attend all of the MDC and Illinois Dept of Conservation meeting to try and get things changed for the better on the Mississippi.. Nothing is going to change if nobody stands up and gets their attention.. There is room out there for both of us, BUT, the commercial guys have to start following the rules too, not make up their own as they go along.. Sorry guys I get wound up when people get pushy, must be the old fart in me huh...

10. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is a huge fish, I hope that it lived and is swimming well. I too would have wanted to get a pic of that fish. You don't see 100+lb fish very often.

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sorry guys im into cpr as much as most and a lot more than most but if i would have caught that fish one way or another it would have seen a certified set of scales.if that fish was as big as it looks bass pro would have it on display and i would have a new boat and maybe a truck to pull it with.lol

12. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    That makes 2 of us johnnie.. I would of made 2 phone calls.. Cabelas ans BP.. Ok boys start your bidding and remember I need a new boat for starters... hehehe

13. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    As soon as they asked me which boat I wanted, Id tell them "The baddest and fastest BASS BOAT you got".......Then I'd put it up for sale and sell it, because them things are about 50 grand now. Then I'd take that money, buy a new catfising rig, and use the other 20 grand for all new equipment and electronics. Way to kill two birds with one stone.:wink:

14. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

That is one big @$$ fish...swim on old timer...

15. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    What a monster :eek:oooh: Wouldn't it be great to tie into one like that someday!!!!

16. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    We've all probably tied into one of them before.. They either broke off quick or else we thought we were hung up on bottom and broke the line before we got him moving..