One more reason to choose Abu Garcia (customer service)

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by FordTruckGuySTX, May 6, 2007.

1. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    Just felt the need to brag about them. Last weekend I had a little misshap bluegillin' with my 600U stamina drag ultralite...in the form of me accidentally stepping on it. to be made out of what it is my 205lb body only managed to break the handle in half on it, nor did it hurt my little Berkley Cherrywood. So anyways I first emailed them to check availability of the handle. They responded very promptly and informed me of the price shipped to my zip code and also said that if out of stock or something they would give me a generous trade in of my old reel on a new equivalent model. So I called the number and got my new handle ordered which they had and the person who mailed me back and the lady on the phone both seemed very knowledgable and courteous and I bet I wasn't on the phone for 3 minutes till she informed me it was gonna be on its way and to have a nice evening.

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    it was kind of the same way when one of my 6500s started acting up. I called there customer service and asked them where i could send it to get it fixed. they told me to take it back to academy where i bought it and i could get a new one there.

3. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    That sounds like a good deal with Customer Service....I've called Pflueger a number of times and they always connect me to "Mildred", who I've never spoken to or has never returned my calls....Most customer service people don't know "squat" about nothing....Dwight

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Abu Garcia Customer Service is great, I have never had a problem with them.

5. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Abu Garcia service is great however be aware that it is not cheap sometimes. I have a very old 5000 reel that was feeling like it had gravel in it. The way it was assembled I was unable to disassemble it, couldn't remove the side case after removing the handle. After phoning I was told they would repair it and send an estimate. The bill was about $56.00. I am not sure but this is probably about the worth of the reel as it is pretty old, but had a family connection that prohibited me from abandoning it. Reel works great and they return all of the old parts, gears and drag discs. Luck

6. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice to know they will take care of there stuff, but I have never had a problem with any of their reels as of yet.

7. FordTruckGuySTX

State:
    Caryville, TN
    I don't count on having to have to deal with them anymore for reasons on their part. now my big foot on the other hand makes for a different story, but i've fished abu garcia since i was about 7 and have never had the first complication.

8. FordTruckGuySTX

State:
    Caryville, TN
    Just a quick update. I called them monday and that's when i placed the order. this was about 4:15pm. my new handle came in today(wed.) at about 11:30AM. Talk about some fast service.

9. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    I have 2 Abu 6500's over 20 yrs old. The side covers are all scratched up and most of the decals are long gone but they keep reelin' em' in. All they need is a little TLC and they should last a lifetime. Like most fishermen I've tried other reels but the Abu's are always reliable and ready.

I've added many more ABUs to my collection over the years and noticed that my older 6500s are stamped "Built by ABU,Sweden" while the newer ones say "Made in Sweden"...not sure when it changed or if it has any significance but just something I noticed...

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :0a27: :0a27: I agree with this post. They take care of the customer after the sale.:lol: :big_smile:

11. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    It don't take long for the light to sneak out from under the basket. All the advice for ABU has made me see it. Penn's out of business. From now on if it doesn't say ABU, the reel's not mine.
    Nice to get lesson's for free. Thanks guys.
    :smile2: