One more reason for c.p.r.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Cattoo, May 6, 2006.

1. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i just got back in from cleaning a few fish( check out the members fishing report section) man, cleaning fish is a pain!! the things we will go through to put a few fillets in the freezer! anyway, most of the fish i had were smaller blues anywhere from 5 to almost 12 pounds. now i know some of you guys are gonna freak cause i kept a cat over 10 pounds, well i used to keep them if they were under 20 so cut me some slack. and plus, i have a grandmother who aint gonna make through very many more fishing seasons and she just happens to love bluecat. but heres the thing, and this isnt something that i just now thought of, its just that i just now thought to post it. alot of us are always coming up with reasons for cpr and i whole heartedly believe in this and most if not all of the reasons are good and valid but as i was cleaning fish i thought to myself, boy these smaller fish are a whole heck of alot easier to clean than the big ones! anyway, i could go on and on with this but i'll just leave it at that and see what you guys think.

2. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Cattoo, I have to disagree with you on that. I would rather clean 10 big ones to one dink. I get fined more with little ones than I ever have with big one. Now for sure the little ones taste way better than a big one, but they kill my hands to clean them.

3. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i wasnt talking about dinks. or maybe i was , depending on your definition of it. i dont consider a 5 pounder a dink. what i am saying is, and bear in mind i use an electric fillet knife, it is easier to get that knife through smaller fish like say a 5 pounder than it is to slice through a 10 or better. the fillet is not as thick or wide and the knife will glide through the smaller fish with ease. the larger fish are more time consuming and combersome to deal with.

4. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Cattoo,
    are you sawing through the rib bones with your electric knife?
    If you are I would recommend using a Saws All.
    If you go around the rib cage, the same way you would fillet with a regular blade its pretty easy.
    I love the electrics for getting the skin off.
    Very easy to use on all sizes.
    thanks
    Larry

5. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I would rather cleane one big one over 10 small ones any day. When i get that one done I'm done.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    a reg fellet knife is easy with cats. a pair of ajustable pliers not the slip joint are great for peeling skin. Cpr for cats over 10-15 LBS yea the belly on the 18#er I caught recently Huge, can hold tons of eggs for my son to catch later nuff said:008:

7. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    You caught 'em, thats your call, as long as you ain't wasting 'em. :smile2:
    Granny's got to eat, lol. :lol:

8. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    i cpr every cat i catch but thats my personal preference.to each its own but i look at like if i put them back my son can catch bigguns when he gets older