One Last Fishing Trip

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dragger, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    As some of you know,this past July ,I lost both Mon and Dad. My dad passed away on the 22nd and my mom on the 28th(my birthday). Dad didn't care much for fishing,but Mom loved it. I had big hopes that she would get well enough so that I could take her fishing again,but that day never came. She would sit for hours on a river bank , or a lake and it didn't matter what size fish she caught, she just loved it......I really enjoyed the times we had......and I had to clean every fish she caught,. I just wanted to share this with you , brothers/sisters............steve

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Sounds like you had a really good thing to share. I bet you enjoyed cleaning all those fish for her.

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Steve, I am so glad you have those memories to cherish. For me, my dad was the best fishing partner ever. Our last fishing trip together was several years ago. While I miss him being there physically, the memories of all he taught me and the countless trips we shared often come to mind when I am out fishing so its like part of him is still fishing with me each trip.
    Hope the memories of fishing with your mom will always bring you a smile.

4. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Thats awesome that you have such good memories of your parents..

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Steve those are great memories, again I am sorry to hear about your loss. You will meet up again one day to see em again brother.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    MY goodness what a blow! You have my heart felt condolences Steve! God has blessed you tho with lots of cherished memories that will last you forever. When you go fishing remember your mom and how happy she was fishin! And remember it's ok to cry! I know I would if my mom had enjoyed fishin with me.I have lost both of my parents so I do know your grief! God Bless brother and if you need someone to talk to please feel free to pm any time! Your BOC Sister pk powell:sad2:

7. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    Steve, I am sorry for your recent loss, but I am glad that you have fond memories. Tho my dad is still with us, he has turnrd into somewhat of a cranky old fart, but I have some great memorits of ...yes believe it or not, fishing with dad... he would bait the hook & take the fish off.... cause I might get hurt.. He would cast out & hand me the pole... cause I might get hurt... can you tell I was not only daddys lil' girl, but an only child? LOL
    Lisa

8. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    sorry to hear about your loss. my dad passed away about 2 years ago. when he was in the hospital he would always talk about going fishing and spending time together but he never got well enough. it makes me very sad sometimes to think about it. i will always miss him very much but god was good enough to leave me some great memories. we sure did have some good times!

9. chattycatty

chattycatty New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I too have lost both parents. My dad in 1991 and my mom in 2003. I can tell you from experience it's not something you get over quickly, but each day the pain eases a little and the good memories surface and remain first and foremost in your mind. My condolences to you and your family.

10. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Steve, I think that it's great that you have such wonderful memories of your mom. Those are something that you will have forever, and that no one can ever take away. :smile2:

11. johnpotter777

johnpotter777 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Steve I understand entirely your loss, two months ago I lost my Grandpa, and it hit me hard. No man alive could prove to me they know more about catfishing than that man, and now i have to try and fill his shoes. However the last time i saw him we went fishing on a small pond, and even though i only caught a few more fish than he did, I sure did enjoy being able to boast my skills. He just gave his little mumbling like always, and then reminded me that all of his were still bigger. Heres looking at you Grandpa, and Steve God Bless.

God grant that I may live to fish until my dying day And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray That in his mercy I be judged as big enough to keep.
    Amen.

12. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Steve,

So sorry for the recent loss of both your Mom and Dad. May the cherished memories sustain you during your times of grief.