One last fishing trip......

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by crusinman2002, Aug 16, 2006.

1. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    ok... i've decided to put all my packing and stuff aside and have one last fishing trip... a total blowout if you will... i'm going with a bunch of friends down to the cape fear at lock and dam number 1 (i think) just east of 95... after this though, i may get out at a local pond for a couple of hours here or there... the trip is going to be this sat. evening through sunday morning... we are planning on getting there before sundown sat. night so that we can get a prime spot, and we aren't leaving till after the sun comes up... as some of you know, i'm deploying next month, and i can't fish for much longer... we are going to be chasing some big blues and flatheads, in hopes to get a couple over 30 pounds... from what i have read on here, and a friends experience down there, i'm sure that we can make it a good trip... if anyone wants to come and join, we will be just down river from the lock and dam at the public access area, if you walk up to the boat ramp and make a right, we will be down that way... i'll have big 4 inch green glowsticks on the ends of my rods, and tiki torches set up... i'll be easy to spot... well... let me know if you want to join... everyone is welcome.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I may stop by Sunday morning for a few minutes just to BS. good luck if I don't see you though.

3. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I hope you have a great fishing trip Brother, and thank you very much for your service...........(God Bless)

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Kennith.....thanks for the invite, brother. I wish I could get down that way this weekend, but I just don't see it happening! You guys take care and have a GREAT time. Catch some fish for Catgirl too please (everybody knows I never get to go fishing :roll_eyes:). We will keep you in our prayers throughout your deployment. Thank you for making the good ole US of A the land of the free and the home of the brave! :smile2:

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Kenneth,Thank you for your sevice to our great country.God go with you and keep you safe.You will be in my prayers-----------pk powell:smile2:

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Good luck with the fishing, and thanks for your service

7. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    you talkingabout lock that is close to fayettville or what. if that is one i will see you down thwere friday afternoon.

8. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    yeah... its the one just outside of fayetteville... i was told by my friend that it was lock and dam 1, but i'm not sure what number it is... all i know is that it is right off of 87. i'll be there sat. night.

to all: thank you for your thoughts and prayers

9. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Good luck fishing and I wish you better luck when you deploy.

10. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger New Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    Good luck fishing man, and be safe, i was planning on goin out this weekend, but just had a death in the wife's family so ill be heading towards the beach for that, as far as that Lock and Dam, I decided the other weekend that I would never go there again, we got there early and it was so crowded u couldnt find a spot, then the guy that checks up on everything came by, seemed nice, couldnt blame him for doin his job, but as soon as I said I was in the army, he changed, started talking to me like I was there to cause trouble and stuff, said he could have the provost marshal come get me because the dam is Corps of Engineers property. He just kept on about us doin stuff wrong and him having the provost marshal come, till finally I had enough and told him I was just there to fish, and not cause any problems and I'd appreciate it if he would change his tone. and all this no sooner than i parked my truck. I was in such a bad mood after that, i just went back home, didnt even fish.

11. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Don't really have time to post a reply , but had too ! You know what I have told you and crusingman about how I well remember my time being stationed all over and some of my run-ins with locals. Most of the people I met in my travels treated me very well. Remember up in Virginia Beach area how the locals treated both Navy and us Army guys. Didn't want us around and made it very clear ! They didn't mind the money we brought into their communities. I know there are people in the military and also in civilian life that can act like a##es everywhere they go. Don't judge all people because of the way a few or some act. Today I still go out of my way to make the people in the service out of Pope or Ft. Bragg welcome to our community. I've told you before anything I can do to make any of your stay here better let me know. The way some car dealers, repair shops and everywhere else around our military bases treat our servicemen and women makes me sick. I still remember how it was with me. TAKE their MONEY and SCREW them over. After all they are just G.I.'s ! When we are needed to get on the frontlines or in the jungle and get our a##es shot off its a diffrent story until the conflicts over. Then its out of sight and out of mind. If you have a health problem because you were wounded or exposed to some chemical its screw you, wait in line we will get to you if you don't die first. Sorry about all this ranting and rage in me but I've had a very bad week dealing with the V.A. trying to get treatment with a combat, service connected condition that I'm rated 100 % p&t for. I for one will not forget all you guys and gals that have and do serve our country everyday ! May God walk with you and the big fish bite for you. Tell that guy that was giving you the lip to stick it and then call me and we will go back down there. I don't care if he calls the provost marshal or whoever on me. I'll plead insanity cause I'm one of those crazed Vietnam Vets that hasn't foregot !

12. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger New Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!! You have definately been more than helpful to myself and many others around here, this was gonna be the first weekend i have had off in almost a month, and it was gonna be fri thru mon., i was planning on doin some serious fishing, and i still may, I know I need to go with my wife to the beach for the funeral but kinda worried bout taking off, cuz this crazy mission im in charge of has to do with planes coming in, and ya never know, one mite decide to show up early. But yea i pretty much decide i aint tryin to hunt down a piece of bank to fish when i got a perfectly good boat to get out on the water with, more peaceful that way.

13. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger New Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    Hey Man, Ill Be Out There Tonite, If You See A Jacked Up Dodge Dakota On 33's (blue) Gimme A Hollar, Im Gonna Be Puttin The Boat In Tonite So I Aint Gotta Put Up With All The Other Bs. Anyways Good Luck

14. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Hunter sorry about you loss...

Fishing Fred well put and I second that amen to that brother and I wish the best for you...

Crusinman2002 Have a safe deployment and return. When you get back will have a big throw down out at jordan....GOD SPEED AND YOU WILL BE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS....

and a BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE AND ARE SERVING AT HOME OR ABROD!!!!

15. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger New Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    hey man were you out there, if so i didnt see ya, we were set up directly accross from the ramp on the big bank there, was a really slow nite, caught 2 descent channels, 1 mud cat, and a nice bass. I appreciate it Blaze, it was my wifes uncle, she aint takin it so good, but she will be ok, takes a little time

16. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    nah... i wasn't up there at the river... i ended up at jordan last night / this morning... i ended up getting really tired, been up for 20 hours now, and i still have to get some food in my belly, take a shower, and get to bed... lol... i will definitely be there tonight though... i'll be on the bank, a little ways down from the boat ramp... there will be a good number of us there, i think... lol... i'll have tiki torches set up, i'll have 4 inch green glow sticks on the ends of my rods... it'll be hard to miss us... lol... if you come down, you'll have to stop by for a min. and visit... well... later to yall... i got to get my butt in gear to get to bed, and i still have to make another post... lol.

17. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    ok... went out, got all set up... had some bluegill that i caught, some shad that i got in the net, and some nightcrawlers for baits... not one single bite... the river seemed to be pretty low though... we all ended up leaving, cause we were all getting hungry and tired... i shouldn't be as tired as i am, but i been really busy all day working on my bait tank, and i ended up getting dehydrated today from sweating so much while i was outside... so now i'm sucking down water, bout to eat, then its time for a shower, and i think that i'm just going to spend the rest of the night drinking water and relaxing... lol... it was a fun trip though, had a couple of friends come out that don't fish at all, just to hang out at the river, they were amazed to see all my stuff... lol... i got a huge tackle box, and i don't know why, my homemade rod holder, my bait tank, and they were amazed at the size of the rods... lol... it was a poor night to get them hooked to catfishin, but they seemed to like getting away from the city and be out in nature... they spent half the time finding constilations in the stars that they never see in the city... lol... i'm sure that i can get them out again after my trip, and maybe turn them on to catfishin... lol... well... its time for me to go and eat... i'll talk to yall later.