Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something happened to me today that is just unbelievable.

I set out my minnow trap to start catching bait for this weekends Gathering in So Ohio and went out about 7:20 just before dark to get it.

As I get closer to the bridge where I set my traps (big culvert pipes deep water) I notice a couple coal company trucks pulled into the wide spot and some guys marking of distance on the road in front of the bridge.

I kinda notice my my rope isnt visible as I pull closer and into the wide spot.My first thought is one of them jerks has stolen my trap.So I get out calmly ready to have a confrontation walk up to the bridge and the guy says I have your minnow trap one of our coal trucks went off the road into the creek and smashed it flat.

What kinda crap is that.I dont know wether to laugh (wich I have) cry (not yet) or get mad and call the coal company telling them I want my minnow trap replaced.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
You have the right to have it replaced... I would kindly call a supervisor... You will be surprised what happens... I am sure they don't usually recommend driving their equipment in to the creeks!

Crap luck though!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Doesnt really make sense that they would have your traps out of the water does it? Did they look like they had been run over ? I 'd say it probably wasnt an accident either way they are responsible if you had you gear labeled per dept of conservation guidelines or what ever body of law controls that down there.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
wow thats some horrible luck brother! hopefully ur luck with fishin isnt that bad either

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HEY NEXT TIME DON'T LEAVE YOUR LINE SHOWING OUT OF THE WATER AND HE WON'T HAVE NOTHING TO AIM FOR.
That could be true maybe he was looking at my minnow trap and drove into the creek because he was distracted.

As for bad luck I think the truck driver has worse than mine at this point :big_smile:

That is a scary thought that Catfish John and I will be fishing together Sat.

This could very well be a disaster or a miracle of fishing prowess about to spring forth.Guess we will know sat if its a disaster then I was glad to be here and it was nice knowing you all.:dribble:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.