One in a million ???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Jerry60k, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Something happened to me today that is just unbelievable.

I set out my minnow trap to start catching bait for this weekends Gathering in So Ohio and went out about 7:20 just before dark to get it.

As I get closer to the bridge where I set my traps (big culvert pipes deep water) I notice a couple coal company trucks pulled into the wide spot and some guys marking of distance on the road in front of the bridge.

I kinda notice my my rope isnt visible as I pull closer and into the wide spot.My first thought is one of them jerks has stolen my trap.So I get out calmly ready to have a confrontation walk up to the bridge and the guy says I have your minnow trap one of our coal trucks went off the road into the creek and smashed it flat.

What kinda crap is that.I dont know wether to laugh (wich I have) cry (not yet) or get mad and call the coal company telling them I want my minnow trap replaced.

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Now that there is some bad luck! :eek:oooh: :sad2:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is just plain and simple bad luck. Maybe you are not to fish this weekend. Everything happens for a reason you know!!

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    You have the right to have it replaced... I would kindly call a supervisor... You will be surprised what happens... I am sure they don't usually recommend driving their equipment in to the creeks!

Crap luck though!

5. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Doesnt really make sense that they would have your traps out of the water does it? Did they look like they had been run over ? I 'd say it probably wasnt an accident either way they are responsible if you had you gear labeled per dept of conservation guidelines or what ever body of law controls that down there.

6. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    And I'm going to fish with you this weekend. Bring a rabbits foot or a four leaf clover. See you on Sat.:wink:

7. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Haha looks like I wont be crowded this weekend.

Still havent found out if the guy was hurt driving the truck.

8. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    wow thats some horrible luck brother! hopefully ur luck with fishin isnt that bad either

9. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I don`t know who has had worse luck lately ,you or catfishjohn. You two shouldn`t fish together.LOL!!!

10. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    HEY NEXT TIME DON'T LEAVE YOUR LINE SHOWING OUT OF THE WATER AND HE WON'T HAVE NOTHING TO AIM FOR.

11. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    That could be true maybe he was looking at my minnow trap and drove into the creek because he was distracted.

As for bad luck I think the truck driver has worse than mine at this point :big_smile:

That is a scary thought that Catfish John and I will be fishing together Sat.

This could very well be a disaster or a miracle of fishing prowess about to spring forth.Guess we will know sat if its a disaster then I was glad to be here and it was nice knowing you all.:dribble:

12. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    LOL Jerry sounds like that was pretty crazy if I was you I would have contacted the company and got them to replace it for you,

13. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    im sure it was purely an accident. sorry bout ur trap, though.