One if by sea, two...............

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Feb 23, 2008.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    One if by sea, two if by Redd. Redd it is good to see ya. And with your oars in the water. John.

49-1=48-1=47.......... (Well I'll be woke up to a fire alarm and with no sticks to roast wienies. )

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mr Redd you asked if there were any stories ya missed. Probably, can't tell ya what they were though. So I am going to write one for you. It will be over in Ramblings. Ol PythonJohn's home base: If I ain't dead I will write it in the morning. So take the ice bag off your head and give me that half finished beverage, my throat will get a little dry. John.

3. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    John, I got just two main things to say to you: First, give me back my bottle...you're a lightweight anyway. Second, you 'sir, remind me of my Uncle Tim. I'm sure you recall me speaking of him. Daredevil, fearless kind of man. And I don't just mean physically. He believes in the first ammendment and uses it fluently. Matter of fact, any time I need an opinion or advice, I'll give him a call. He won't always be the most knowledgable in the topic at hand, (although usually is) but he'll be blunt with his answer. Even if the response is attempting to shove a wad of bull sh*t in a hippy's mouth. But yet he's kind enough to always invite you in his home and drink his coffee. In short, it's a compliment. Anyway, thanks for the story. Have to repay ya one sometime. Don't know when, which one, or what quality, but it'll get done sure as your physics homework.

-Red

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mr Redd. Never leave a bottle with me and expect it back. If it has a nickel deposit I will concede that back to you.

Some people like big fish, some people like picking up a gun and playing Daniel Boone, some people like making pies. I like playing with words. Words fascinate me. Not necessarily big words. A personal pronoun like the word "You" at the start of a sentence has been used to start wars.

This is a wonderful place. I also like characters. Doesn't do any good to have good words without a "character" to direct them at. And I like blunt words. The more blunt the more it hurts when you shove it in someones eye.

Redd is has been awhile since you have been around. See that little goofy icon in the lower right hand of post screens? Looks like someone took his marbles away or his pacifier. That little devil has gone by a variety of names. That critter is where your 1st amendment rights end and someone else's begins. Good and bad, good and bad. I haven't played with that little pup yet, not for what it was intended for anyhow. That guy who looks like he is constipated is the "Fire Alarm in a Crowded Theater" It has its merits if used properly I suppose. But I envision it used by whiners, and "holier than thou" types who can hide behind a curtain and point fingers. I will never use it. If I have a problem it is my nature to come look you up personally.

Someday before the "man with the scythe" comes and lays his cold hand on me I am gonna pull that fire alarm just to see what happens.

Anyhow Redd Thank You for equating me to your Uncle Tim. That was a compliment and I appreciate it. Redd I will leave you with a question.

Who were the members of that valiant "Two Thirds of a Rifle Squad"? There were six of them.

5. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    First off, a veteran never forgets his comrades... or atleast that the names he can't seem to place are still locked in the forums. In unalphabetical order: Baitchunker, Anchorpuller, 777, Kat-Tamer, Ryang, Bootshowl, then the three fingered me. Considering I also lost my eyesight in the war, I might've still happened to mess up the naming... it's hard to read brail from a computer screen. And being smart enough to know that I'm a simple kind of man, you'll have to enlighten me on what exactly it is you're saying... unfortunately, but likely, a majority of the time. Anyway, with that said and done, it's now six o' three of the morning. Time for just a few more songs on the radio, then I'll need to turn the coffee pot on. 'Til next time, John.

-Red

6. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    its good to see your typed letters again redd. i hope shore leave treated ya better than the va hospital.

7. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Looking back in the Becky's Story Telling section, I found the CORRECT answer to your question, John.
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54965

You should've slaughtered me on the reply I gave... The only place I remembered hearing of the "2/3 of a rifle squad" was in the forewarned is forearmed thread. And here just the other day I was in Becky's writing something I wound up not submitting. So: slap me in irons then stinkbait and feather me. I'll go willingly.

-Red

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am always a day late and a dollar short. That thread was a fun time. Brought back some memories.

That was a good bunch of folks that seemed to have fun with it. I didn't realize I hadn't thanked a lot of folks. Made up for that.

Had a lot more stories I wanted to tell. I got a good one about a real honest to goodness murder; with cops, FBI, ATF, mafia, plane rides, sick dogs, cemeteries, wealth and power, blast furnaces in Gary, loaded 38's, mug shots and an invitation to return to Chicago to be treated to a good meal compliments of a special police department. It would have been a careful story to write, would have had to check with Kutter about some things.

Anyhow Redd thanks for looking it up. That bunch would be good to have anywhere.

Later. John.

..........45-1=44........ Mr Spock when does logical become illogical? "When change occurs just for changes sake. Makes ya think the world ain't round anymore John."