One hungry fish.

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by allflats, Aug 12, 2007.

1. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    My father and I was fishing late last night.Not much happening so he reeled in to check his bait and found out he was snagged.Finally had to break off and retie.About 30 min later he got a run on a live bluegill.Turned out to be a 13 pound flathead and here is the good part, the fish had the line he broke off 30 minutes earlier coming from his mouth.This flattie had ate the first gill and layed down,after he retied and threw in another gill he ate that one too.This time he was caught.First time for everything lol.

2. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Well now you know a good time that they are probably feeding. Sounds like the place can't be to bad either. Now just put up a cottage and keep a line in the water. hehe

3. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    Lol thats pretty much. Atleast you got a fish and the hook back :-D

4. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That is a good night!! At least you did not cone home empty handed. I caught a brim one time that had 2 other lines in his mouth. What is fishing coming too? lol!!!

5. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    A few years back, a buddy was crappie fishin', and had a few in the basket. The fishing slowed, and the sun was warm so he dozed off. When he woke up and reeled in, he found his line snagged on his basket. A closer look showed that a crappie in the basket had swallowed the minnow and hook. I guess the condemmed ate a hearty last meal.

6. SKUNKPRO

SKUNKPRO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    SATURDAY NITE I HAD 1 CAT STEAL MY SHAD THREE TIMES, IT TOOK ME PUTTING TWO SHAD ON A HOOK TO HOOK THE FISH. I'M SURE THERE WAS ONLY ONE FISH THER BECAUSE AFTER I CAUGHT IT, NO MORE HITS AND I HAD TO MOVE ON.

7. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Somedays luck is just with ya lol