The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
yeah i saw that a couple of months ago. awesome fight but he needs to give the fish some line and drag

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
What kind of line, rod, and reel do you gear up with when hunting Giant Wels Kitties!!
Why the same kind that is used around here, ofcourse. Hey Dan what day in may ya takin me fishing? :wink:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Hey Randy, we can get Dan to take us up to Carlyle on his Toon , the North end around all the stumps of course for some Crappie fishing huh..

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why the same kind that is used around here, ofcourse. Hey Dan what day in may ya takin me fishing? :wink:
We'll find a day for sure. Look forward to it. You need to put me on some fish around Carlyle too. About the only good I do out there is trolling for white bass and an occasional walleye. I have pulled in a few crappie out there too. Let me know!!!

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Well Herold, Dan could bring it along, but I wouldn't even try talking any one to get in there with a toon...... If you like the white bassn Dan we sure can get into them along the rip/rap (just got the re-stocking order on all the jig bodies today:big_smile: UPS man has been here everyday this week:smile2:), and hit the stumps for some nice early crappie, I have enough room for you and Harold I'm sure. I'll sure let ya'll know when them Crappie get to going good, if winter would ever GO it shouldn't be a few more weeks and the eye's will be stacking on the river edges, and drop offs. If not we can run up into the Kasky a bit and find them there, usually start (scattered) about a week after ice out, then a few weeks of decent nights and they will be feeding good along the old river edges in the midst of the ol' stump fields. Will let ya know by then, all should be lined out and I am OVER READY to get on the water! as you all are too!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts