One handed fishing--maybe

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by litltman, Jan 17, 2007.

1. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    could you just imagine. I have been waiting for what seems like forever for the weather to turn so I can catch crappy at Wilsons landing on the old santee river.and just when the weather starts to get about right for it.yesterday I hit my own hand with a hammer and broke it. time it happened I thought about how would I hold my fishing rod.now I cant run my boat, take the fish off,put the minnow on,ect-ect-ect.listen hard and you can hear me yell in angwish.:eek:oooh::angry::sad2::eek:oooh::angry::sad2:.what a day.I feel like a 10 pound dog with a 20 pound collar.oh well, I'm praying and hoping it will get better real soon. next time you go fishing, and catch one. remember me and say out loud, steve, this ones for you. maby in 3 or 4 weeks I will try one handed fishing-maby. any how.hope you all catch your limit. have a blessed day.

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I'm afraid I'd have hire someone to take me out! Just duct tape the rod to your arm and there you go! LOL I feel for ya and wish there were something we could do. That's just plain bad luck at the wrong time. I'll be thinking of you as you wish.

3. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Hey Steve,

If you have to get it cast, take your crappie rod with you and have them custom form a rod holder on it. Wouldn't that be cool!:cool2:

4. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Steve.Hope you have a speedy recovery.

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Down right crappy.... praying for a speedy recovery brother...

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats adding your own insult to injury wish you a speedy recovery Stev

7. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Gotta have shoulder replacement surgery next week.
    Its sorta planned on my part. Pains so I can't sleep well so its put up with it or have something done.
    Looking at 90 days off work . Wonder if I can sneak a few fishing days toward the end of that time.About the time of total ice out.
    best of luck to you.
    just

8. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Hey Steve, if I lived closer I would take you fishin . That would let me fish a little more, and help you too. A quick recovery my friend.

Flint

9. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Hang in there Steve! Time will pass quickly for you.
    Bill

10. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    I feel your pain man, last year I broke my collar bone playing lacrosse....man I was going CRAZY not being able to fish. A week after (bone still moved when I twisted or anything :crazy: ) I had to go out with a cane pole to at least catch a few bream. In fact, I went so crazy during that first week as to purchasing a fishing game for the computer....then I started catching pike, muskee, lake trout, hahaha, couldn't do that down here even with both arms!:lol:

11. bamacatman

bamacatman New Member

State:
    alabama
    man hate to hear that hope you have a speedy recovery and our prayers are with you.

12. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    Oh wow, that has to hurt. Wish ya a quick recovery

I took some vacation days at the end of last year about 2 months in advance and then had some health issues that kept me from fishin much....not nearly as frustratin as your situation.

cyas
    robert

13. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Put you a kitchen garbage bag over that cast and hold it on with some BIG rubber bands or electrical tape.I learned to do that to get to go fishing as I just don;t heal with Diabetes and cancer and my blood thinners for my heart won;t let me quit bleeding.Then go fishing with a cane pole.There have been one armed people fishing for Crappie with a Cane pole since the 50's on the Santee.I saw them fishing off the barges at Ballards Landing when a kid.Lots of WW 2 & Korea Vets with limbs missing were still around and still fishing. Don;t be bashful.You won;t be the first.I use to watch a one handed man surf fish with Penn Spinning reels.He was good,caught fish,and had learned to fish and handle everything right by himself.I hope you learned a lesson.Always injure a foot or leg and you still have both hands to fish with.Heh,heh,heh.Don;t let it get you down.If you are a fisherman,you will figure out a way.It is not called fishing now that you are injured.It is called therapy!Welcome brother.I love you brothers and sisters,peewee

14. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    Take a look at my profile,and you'll see me in a cast after hand surgery-with 2 catfish.I waited 10 days before I went but as soon as I could grip I was down at the creek by the house.Just hang in there,enjoy some lazy time,and learn how to do alot of things one handed.When you do go you'l be blessed with a good fishing trip.I'm prayin for you bro

15. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am sorry to hear about ur hand Steve, I pray it better so u can go fishing again. And welcome to the BOC!!!!

16. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
  17. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Steve, which hand did you hurt? Don't give up too quick.
    I used to fish there years ago. I'm not normally a crappie fisherman (well, in some ways, I guess I am hehe), but schedule permitting, I might be able to hook up with you and help you out; can't promise right now because I've got a couple things pending. What area do you live near?

18. fishman247

fishman247 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hang in there steve,, back i july i had to have my leg cut off and wondered how i'd get in the boat.......2 days after i got out of the hospital i went out in the yard and figgered a way.......if ya want it bad enough you can do anything......just hang in there and all will be fine

19. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    That is the only way to go_Once you give up life ain;t worth living.It only took me 3 days to get ready to die.The 4 years I have unexpectedly lived have been rough at times.Dieing is easy.Living is what is hard.I have found that my quality of life is not what is important.The quality of life for the people that care about me is what really matters.Yea!I am talking about the people right here on the BOC along with my family at home.They and you all are the most important things in my life right after God.My belief is that I could not have you without God.God really blessed me with you.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

20. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Hope ya healed up hoss and get a big un.