One Fish!

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, Mar 7, 2009.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Set out this morning @ 6:30am from DG and headed to the bait stop. Set my new gill net one time for 10 minutes or so and had 20 cutters. It took me longer to get them out of the net than the soak.

Quickly set up shop and had little action. Around 9am we got 1 fish 8lbs. 6 hours later we still had only the one fish. It was so incredibly nice out there on the water but I tell ya, It was soooooooo slooooow. And it was'nt from lack of trying. We worked spots from Deep Bottom to Falling Creek and everything in between. We only had three real pull downs all day and one of them was the 8.

Tomorrow I'm going bass fishing, if I only catch one 8 pounder I will be a little happier.:smile2:

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    It's a start Jeff:wink:Better than what i did lol the only water i seen today came from a bottle:smile2:

3. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    You did better than me. I was at the lake all day and all I got was a couple of nibbles.:sad2:

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    I fished half a day Friday with Two of the best Catfisherman I know and didn't catch squat. I am going in the morning O dark Thirty until noon. The wind is howling outside. Hope it lays out some.

5. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Didn't make it Charles City, fished dock street. It should be call skunk street. Lots of people fishing no catches or bites. Lots of characters just "hanging out" thats the thing about dock street. There are lots of people just "hanging out" that makes it creepy....
    Well I'm off to Charles City.
    later

6. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Well at least I was'nt the only one with slim pickins this w/end.

Spent all day Sat. w/ my brother and my nephew on the river

Spent all day Sun on the res. bass fishing w/ my buddy of 25 years

Boat ran great

All in all better than a day @ work.

All things in perspective I'll stop Beach'n about what I did'nt get and be thankful for what I do have!:wink:

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on getting out on the water brother! I am sure the cats will treat you better next time