One fish on a long nite....

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by smoke, Sep 28, 2006.

1. smoke

smoke New Member

State:
    Indiana
    this is the only fish on one long nite of fishing with ny bud shortbus. I am sure if everyone ask's him he will tell the story of this long trip on the river..:lol: :lol: :lol: keep your lines in the water...

Attached Files:

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    good looking flathead right there

3. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    That is a nice flat, He sure is a beauty. How much did he weigh??

What did he catch him on??

Good luck in the future on you fishing journey's

4. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    nice looking flattie.thx for posting.

5. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Aint they great fish!

6. smoke

smoke New Member

State:
    Indiana
    it was 6.5# and caught on live bluegill....keep your lines in the water

7. catfightloverinspfld

catfightloverinspfld New Member

State:
    IL
    Long night maybe but great fish

Cat fight lover

8. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Nice flat kris Them gills will get them :0a18:

9. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Oh man, I will remember that night for the REST OF MY LIFE!!! So here's the story. We devise a plan for our first time fishing this part of the river/first time having a boat on the river. We get to the ramp @ 5PM (i think) and it's a nice day out. We descide to go "DOWNSTREAM" to this spot where two rivers meet. Started heading down slowly in 2.5 ft of water hit the first large riffle area and it wasn't to bad. after that we found a nice little hole then another riffle. we get to this riffle and i'm like,,,,uh uh what do we do? So we float over the riffle and hit large rocks the whole way, I told kriss I don't know how the heck we gonna get back up that in the dark. Still looking for this spot where the other river comes in. Nother big riffle with some nasty jagged rocks just under the surface. Well about 3hrs later, 10 river miles down stream and to many riffles to count we get to our spot,looks good. Cast out the rods and wait, had several runs but they were liping the bait real bad, some were gar also. Kriss caught the flatty while checking the bait, had no clue he was there. Fell asleep in the boat for a few hrs and woke up to freezing cold, fog everywhere. Reel the rods in and head upstream to the first riffle. Picked my way thru it ok. Next one we had to get out in the water and push the boat thru, we went around this little island thinking there was less current. get to the front of the island and kriss starts kicking at the water like crazy and jumping then he kicked a 18" gar up out of the water. Funny watching him dance. Get to the next riffle with the jagged rocks and bang!! hit a rock. Kriss fell up on the front deck,lol. We left our spot at 2:30am and it is now starting to get light out. We get to the last riffle and just go ahead and get out of the boat, waters only about shin deep,,,two more steps and it's up to the "sensitive area" with ice cold water,lol. Well we get thru that and I realize my cell phone and cigs are in my front pocket,,,aghh!!! Well now it's like 7:30AM and we finally get back to the ramp!!! 6hrs upstream!!! the whole time going back kriss is repeating the phrase "never agian,never again",lol. All in all it was an interesting adventure for us. But next time we will prolly head upstream and only go about 10 feet from the ramp! haha
    Oh yeah ,forgot the part where we were in the water pulling the boat and kriss starts yelling SNAKE,SNAKE!!! I hate snakes, made me realize how good I am at jumping,lol.

Kriss, how bout that pic I took of you holding that fish,hmm?? Post up

10. firefighteremtb78

firefighteremtb78 New Member

State:
    IL
    sounds like my luck...except i fall asleep on a spillway and fall in not very good for a person that cant swim

11. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    Man I thought I was the only one

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Now that's what I call a classic Cat adventure!:roll_eyes:

13. smoke

smoke New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well you know after all that you have to luv the only fish you caugt on the nite so here is the other pic.....keep your lines in the water.....:sweet_kiss:

Attached Files:

14. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Better one than none ,my last trip was a great big zero . Congrats .

15. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    nice fish man!!! good job

16. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
  17. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish brother, thanks for sharing.

18. Styx

Styx New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice flattie, I always say a nice cat of any kind is worth the wait, except the one's with fur,LOL

19. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    )one is much, much better than none!!!!

20. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana