One Eye Love

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by akilliss, Jun 29, 2006.

1. akilliss

akilliss New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio
    does any one know wear the channels eyes go. iv caught my 20th or 30th channel in the past few years with only 1 eye

2. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Welcome to the B.O.C. I am not sure I understand the queston!

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Not sure, I know they use their skin for sight over their eyes. My guess is branches and such on floor of lake/river.

4. akilliss

akilliss New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio
    thanks man i dont know. iv caught twenty to thirty channels with an eye missing. in the past few years i only see it in the gmr never in cowan lake or hueston woods

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I've never fished the GMR but I have hooked plenty here on the muskingum and when I pull them in the hook point is coming out one of their eyes. I hate when it happens but I send them back cause I know they can find food with other senses.

6. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    When I catch a little Channel on a big hook it always seems to come out the eye. But, one of my biggest Channels only had one eye, didn't seem to bother her any.

7. akilliss

akilliss New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio
    yeah i dont think its a big deal but just strange out of all the places i catch em and only the river has the 1 eyed cats. its from the mound im gonna leave it at that. haha

8. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    one eyes channel in the great miami. heck its so poluted im surprised some of them dont have a legs.