One day good, next day nothing

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by treddinwater, Jul 26, 2006.

1. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Went fishing yesterday on the White River, was really pre fishing for a little trip I wanted to take a few friends fishing that haven't really fished much. So I fished around several different places and finally found my spot to take them to. Had one line out for carp and another out for cats. The carp fishing was non stop and I caught 4 in about a half hour and then ran out of wheaties because they were hitting everytime I threw a line out. And I was switching up between chicken livers and cut chub on my cat line and ended up catching 5 cats in that 1/2 hour all between 3-7lbs. Took my friends over there today around the same time of the evening and we fished for almost 3 hours and only had a few bites. Same time of day, same baits, same water conditions, same weather, it was weird. But I guess some days it's hit or miss.

2. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    id say at least you have another spot to hit if other spots fail you

3. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Yeah, I know what you mean. The river I fish is really low right now and a lot of my other spots were really shallow and you could see the bottom in almost every spot except for this one. This is one of the deeper spots in the area and I'm sure the fish are just attracted to it right now. Grrrr, but I really did want to hook them up with some good fish.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

the fish are following the food if the food moves out the fish will too. Also if the O2 level of the water there dropped that will cause everything to high tail it out.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Sounds like many of my days.

Sublte changes that take place that are unseen to us can make a big difference in the bite. Like laidback said, moving bait will take the fish with them, and if there is a good overnight rain that changes the water temp that too can cause a move.

6. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    May of just caught the ones that were hanging out their the day before. You can try baiting a spot to keep the fish their.

7. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Did you happen to check the barometric pressure those two days?

8. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ryan, I didn't check the barometic pressures for those 2 days. That may have had something to do with it, it probably changed the second day cause a front was moving in. These last 2 days we have got a good amount of rain and I checked the Indiana Hydrological Forecast site and saw that most waterways in the area are up from the past week. This weekend might be a good one to get out and try again.