one crazy and interesting night

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by cat'n around, Jun 25, 2009.

1. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    well folks i had about the most interesting night i beleave i have ever had. it started out normal, we left the ramp goin to catch some bait just like always. it was only until after the bait catching that it got interesting. we were moving to our fist place to try when i spotted something huge swimming the creek, too big to be a deer, when we got closer, i was shocked to see about a 200lb bear crossing the creek. ive seen countless deer swimming the rivers but never a bear. i got a pic but it was a lil too dark.

ok so we get setup in the first place and i pull in about a 8 lb flat. we move and go to new waters way out of our range. and the first thing i pull in is a 8lb. rock, then tracy gets and im guessing on this one, a 25lb blue to the side of the boat and he shakes the hook out, then i got a 12lb gar. thats what i like to call a redneck grand slam right there. On the way back we spotted a 8pt. buck on the bank and a coon swimming the river.

just when i thought the excitement was over, we get back to the ramp and a guy that often fishes from the dock had asked me to weight a flat that he caught. this one floored me when i saw the fish. it was the same fish i had caught last year that i named lucky. if any of you dont remember lucky, he was the 12lb flat that had the hair lip and was all cut up. well this guy had caught hom again. he was 13lb this year and looked worse off now than he did when i got him. i explained the fish to them man and being that i had named him and he had made another year he decided to let him go. i did the release and lucky is back in the water.

all me and tracy could do lastnight was say damn what a night. ill try to get pics up of the bear and lucky the flathead this afternoon.

i found the link to last years pics of lucky. http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showt...e+river&page=6

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    think i've seen everything swimming but a bear cant wait to see the pics

3. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    sounds like a great night on the water! finally reunited with lucky, i love it.

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sounds like an entertaining and fun filled trip, congrats!

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    how loose do you need the drag to be for bear?

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Just goes to show, you can't experience the great outdoors, from sitting on the couch!! Sounds like one heck of a great time seeing all that activity!! Glad to know " LUCKY" is swimming free again!! A big congrats to you and the gentlemen that caught him and let him swim again!!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brent thanks for sharing an interesting story. I would have probably called it a night when I survived the meeting with the bear. Sounds like you had an entertaining night.

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Sounds like a nice trip.

9. cat'n around

cat'n around New Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    here are the pics of the bear and lucky one year later. i managed to lighten up the bear pic so you could see him.

Attached Files:

10. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Thats one beat up catfish!:smile2: Speaking of bears. I seen one on the road bout 2 weeks back going to my fishing hole. Followed that little guy about 150 to 200 yrds up the road. Bad thing was I had my camera and never took one pic. I was so excited to see the bear I forgot about the camera. Dont see or hear of bears too often in my neck of the woods.

11. 32841

32841 Guest

What a great story, a night like that makes for many a good night telling about it. Thanks for sharing.:big_smile: