One bite One Fish

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Apr 26, 2008.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Only had 1 bite today but hey it was worth it. Finally got my first bite and first fish of the year. At least that makes me feel a bit better. Not a big boy like some I have seen but I was like a kid in a candy store.
    Caught it in the back waters of the Missp Rvr North of Louisiana,Mo. in a bean field.
    Geezer another member said he caught some 6-7 # flats in that field last year.

Attached Files:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You did better than we did,John. Took my daughter out this morning and we tried for some bass and crappie. No bites and used the gamit from roadrunners ,plastic worms,craws ,spinnerbaits and crank baits. After three hrs we headed back in. But it was a beautiful day and I had to try.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    John, ya got me beat, i ain't wet a hook. Turkeys and high water is messin me out of some valuable fishin time.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    John, congratulations on the first fish of the year. Those flooded fields are a great place to fish.

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    John congratulations on the first fish of the year glad to hear you finally got you one, sounds like thats a good place to fish hang in there there will be many more fish headed your way im sure, look on the brightside you finally got you one, and im sure you hang in there you will be able to hook in some more fish keep us posted and let us know how you continue to do.

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Congrats John, just something about fishing in the fields :wink: I sure some have no idea, but what ya gonna do? Didn't look like ya had to walk to awful far to get there :wink:

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OH YEA! let the good times roll! LOL!

8. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have water standing in my field, maybe I should fish it, rather than try to farm it. LOL

Way to go on the first fish. I won't get one till next week.

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great job fishing, maybe you'll catch 5 fish on 5 bites next time!

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Proud of ya Buddy,not a bad size either.....................................Pat:big_smile::wink:

11. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    way to go John,Ya got the Skunk off Your back,The Skys the limit Now. J.D.:wink: