One big catfish

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Moon Cat, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Moon Cat

Moon Cat New Member

State:
    Upper Marlboro, Maryland
    Catfish Queen and I went fishing on the James last week 15th and 16th. The fishing was slow we only caught one or two fish a day. But while fishing within sight of Jorden Point Melissa's rod went down hard! After a five minute battle the blue cat went to the top of the water column and back to the bottom three or four times. The drag on her 6501 Abu got a work out! Im not going to lie her personal best has got me beat by 23 lbs. I netted the fish and weighed it It was a 60lb. fish. We took some pics with th 35mm. Got the fish back in the water quick. The worst part of this story is that after getting the film developed the only pics that came out were two in the middle of the roll from a rock fishing trip. I was so _ _ _ _ _ _ . Next time Ill make sure to have a digital camera.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates to the catfish queen!

3. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    I will be down there in two week,that is too bad about the pitures,I have had the same problem from when the film gets damp or old in 35mm cameras.I got a digital now and have had no trouble and great pitures.Don"t worry there will be many more big cats if you fish that area of the james.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    congrats on the biggun shame about the pics but look at the bright side you turned it loose to catch again!!!!

5. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Very nice fish. I wish I could wrestle with a hog like that sometime soon. Thanks for sharing.

Wheelmobile07

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I always take my digital and one of those 35mm disposable and take several pics with both when I get a big one just to be on the safe side. Nice fish anyway.

7. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    congrats on the great catch.sorry about the pictures.

8. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Congrats on the biggin. I have yet to get one in that size!

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Congrats, lessons learned.

10. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    yeah...we believe you :roll_eyes: ......:lol: Congrats on getting one that big. Must be nice, I wouldnt know.

if you'd had a digital...the batteries would go dead, happen to me the other day, was face to face with a mulie...about 12 feet apart from her. Camra done me NO GOOD!!:angry:

11. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    yes that sucks not to have a pic of a big oh cat like that congrat on the catch

12. O2Bfishing

O2Bfishing New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    i carry a disposable in the tackle box so in cases when i dont have the digital or the battery dies i still have that $3 disposal one, even if youonly take 6 pics and go have it develped at walmart all you pay for is the 6 pics not the whole roll. true you wasted the rest if the roll but still better to spend 10 bucks and have the pics and not have any at all of a fish like that. my .02 cents

1 stays in th etruck too at all times

13. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrads on a nice fish!:smile2: too bad about the pics:sad2:

14. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    congrats! thats a huge fish. beats my personal best by 45 lbs!