One bad night!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Kinch's_cats, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Kinch's_cats

Kinch's_cats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Last night I was in a tournament with my buddy Game_of_inches and it had to be one of the worst nights ever. He and I usually do pretty good and we have won several tournys, but last night we had a total of 3 runs and only 1 fish. We didn't feel as bad once we got to weigh in because no one really had good weight. The night was really topped off near the end of the tournament when another boat, who was in the tournament, shined their spot light on us and then anchored 20 feet from us!! I asked them if they were going to tie off to us and they joked back they might as well as they were dropping their anchor directly ontop of one of my baits. They then proceeded to cast their lines across the rest of our lines. It was time for us to go anyway to make it to weigh in, but I have never been so rudely bumped from a spot. I can deal with not catching fish because that happens, but for someone to come in and set up ontop of you crosses a courtesy line. Well thats my vent so thanks for reading. Next time will be better I'm sure.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    that is rude, it is public water, but i have always shown the respect to others that i like to get in return. maybe something should be said next tourney before everyone leaves. i will make a note of this, and if this problem still happens we can make a rule of how many feet one boat can be from the next when fishing. i'm sorry about your bad night, but mostly from someone not respecting your space...rollo

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    May I recomend a 7 foot spinnin outfit with a 6 ounce pyramid sinker attached. When properly flung damage will occur. Just a suggestion.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I think that I would have reeled everything in and throtled up and did a couple of circles before going on my way:lol:

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Alot of the bigger tournament series have a rule that you can not anchor or drift within 50 yards of another boat. Sounds like it might be a good rule for the tournaments that you are fishing.

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Sounds like the perfect reason to make shotguns mandatory equipment on all boats lol. Just kidding. That was worse than the jet skiers that plague the river down here in the summer.

7. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    yeah there should be a 50 yard rule in effect. If those guys are regular tourny fisherman, they should have known better. Better luck next time, i just fished a tourny and had a horrible 2 days. I know how you feel.

8. Kinch's_cats

Kinch's_cats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the recomendations guys. We didn't stay long after that. We reeled in and my buddy dropped that anchor in the boat making the loudest noise ever and then drug the bait cooler across the botton of the boat making a pretty good noise as well. I liked the idea of the flying sinkers though. :smile2:

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    jared should have called me, you guys weren't far from me. i could had put the jet on tilt and filled their boat pretty fast!! i drown a guy bankfishing one night up buy stillwell that was fishing in only place you can get through there, didn't even see him until he was throwing rocks at me! should have shown me a light!!.....rollo

10. Game_Of_Inches

Game_Of_Inches New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rollo I should have had you sink them... that is the second time that someone has tied in within 20 feet of me in that spot and I about came unglued. They literally had to throw the motor in reverse or they would have drifted into the boat. This course happened after they had their boat anchored directly in the channel in front of a 15' slot between sand bar and bank that we had to squeeze through so we didn't run aground. All I know is I'm gonna start looking for some new water so I don't have to pick through the boats. Of course this process will repeat after we bring some weight to one tourney. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

11. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    We had someone do that to us one night! So my brother and i went out the next day and got 2 banded water snakes Put them in bags. The next night the same people did it again so my brother asked the what kind of bait they had!!! Well he said we had tried it all day and the only thing we could get a bite on was this and chucked it in there boat!!! We haven't seen them again!!:smile2: