One bad day for this guy

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Tym2Fish, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    This weekend we were heading back to drop off Topjimmy at Bartlett Lake and low and behold we observed a new type of boat its called Dodge Quadcab. Apparently these people for what ever reason decided to drive around the little hill through the water instead of over the hill. I guess the water was deeper then they thought and you can see the end result. Sure would like to know how they are going to explain this to their insurance company. Later that day someone pulled them out of the water and I would assume that there wasnt much damage because the next day the truck was gone. Imagine the smell of the interior.:crying:

Attached Files:

2. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i had a buddy who was putting his boat in the water and the dummy didn't set his parking break:confused: yep his truck took a swim.

3. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ

all i have to say is been there done that....twice

4. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    You didnt learn the first time? Or was it just opne of those trips?

5. AZrivercat

AZrivercat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    ha, Ive driven through there before, only the water was down to about where his tires are sitting. Like you said there is a road about 15-25 yds up the bank from where hes sitting.

6. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ram tuff boats that is what is needed. Chrysler making boats again?;)

7. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    My mom retired as a insurance adjuster and once had to hire a diver to retreave a truck and trailer that was brand new so that the owner could take his brand new boat home. Parking brake is not an option. I used to even chock my wheel just in case. Had a parking brake cable snap once.

Our lakes have long ramps due to water fluctuations and this ramp extended 30' below current lake level.

8. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I have pulled so many people out of that area. Especially two wheel drive trucks acting as if they are four wheel drives. One Saturday I had to rescue four or five people. Could of made enough $$$ to pay for a couple of trips as people offered to compensate me with cash. Its a shame when the beer kicks in that people loose sight of the limitations of their vehicle.

9. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ

it was definitely one of those trips....and i was in highschool so it took more than once to learn unfortunately. given the same situation now, heck no i wouldnt do that! not even the first time!

10. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    that sucks for him Good laugh thank you

11. oz31p

oz31p New Member

State:
    arizona
    i would do it, but then again i drive a toyota so as long as the water is not over my head there no problem.

12. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Well your more then welcome to give it a try. What type of toyota is it?

13. AZCAT

AZCAT New Member

State:
    Arizona
    ha ha i almost did that last weekend. I ended up bringing out a shovel and filling in holes to get over that area. I have a 4x4 f150 but i wouldnt want to mess with sliding into the lake.

14. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I learned that it was dangerous to put people like that back on the road.I have been known to ask people to please leave them where they are until I can get safely home and off the road.When they didn;t think that I was funny,I informed them that I was not trying to be.I WAS SEROUS.I will help anyone but a drunk back on the road.I almost killed 7 people by doing so one time.ALL of US later agreed that I should have left them in the ditch.I learned how easy it is to help a buddy or someone else to death.Peewee-williams