Once in a Lifetime Deer!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Little Bill, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Little Bill

Little Bill New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Killed a once in a lifetime deer on January 14, 2010. At 8:20am a deer walks in with 2 spikes still in velvet.I think this is pretty odd for January but since it has been a very poor season and i need some sausage. I take the shot at 20 steps. I think well maybe the deer injured itself jumping a fence or something. So i roll it over to check it out and no male parts were present only the parts of a female. So i killed a doe with antlers. Now that is definately a once in a lifetime deer for me. 1 in every 1000-5000 does have this happen. The deers pic is in my avatar. If I can get someone to tell me where to go to attach pics I will gladly do so.

Attached Files:

2. Little Bill

Little Bill New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    well i guess i figured it out how to attach pics after all. How once in a lifetime is this deer?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's pretty cool! I got mine the season before last. Mine had both sexes and one antler was still in velvet. The pics are on here somewhere.
    [​IMG]

4. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    I have seen it where you get a dominant buck in an area that is not harvested and it just keeps breeding. Within 2 years it is breeding it's daughters and you get some odd things. A friend got one that was full sized in the body but it's legs were only about 18 inches long. They also shot a buck that had no rack at all and no sign of one during the rut and it put almost 200lbs of meet in the freezer! It was breeding does just before they shot it.

5. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Vert interesting deer. Congratulations. You have a story for years to come now....

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I read an article, deer can have twins but the twins have different fathers. Also things like that can happen if one fawn is male and one female. I have forgotten the explanation for that. But we know mother nature is not perfect, animals have problems just like humans. I usually improve the herd genetics by shooting the really stupid ones.

7. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is a strang thing to get.

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Ha! I love that!! I think that's what I do, too.:rotfl:
    I'd say that is a "once in a lifetime" deer. And if you ever get another one, well....."twice in a lifetime?":winky:

9. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    thats awesome... i have heard of it a few times, but never seen it in person.... thats a really kool thing....

10. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    a fella i know in freeburg shot a 9 point doe last yr .
    and my one of my neighbors who was born a gurl but thinks she's a boy shot a doe that also thought it was a boy it was a 6 pointer:gotu:

11. Little Bill

Little Bill New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    What you say makes sense!!! there is a really big buck in the area that will probably live and die in the dark.There is really a lot of heavy gun hunting pressure for 3 months out of the season. i know I wouldn't move in the day ever if i were him !!!! No one has ever seen him in the daylight.He' at least 6 1/2 or older. Not stupid by any means.