Once in a Blue Moon....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by GoFish_Tony, May 30, 2007.

1. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Tomorrow May 31st we will have a rare celestial occurrence... a Blue Moon!

For us Earthbound folks we see a full moon every 29 1/2 days.(We see the moon as being a FULL moon when it is opposite the sun in the sky.) A BLUE Moon is when we are treated to 2 Full Moons in the same month.

A Blue Moon happens approximately every 32 months. So you can see that it isn't something that we see all the time. Hence the saying, "Once in a Blue Moon."

A Blue Moon is a rare treat. So what could be more rare? How being treated to not one, but two Blue Moons in the same year!!! And just 2 months apart!! (The last one was in January.)

I am certainly not one to be superstitious and certainly will not change any of my normal routines as a result of this 2nd Blue Moon, but...
    ... one thing is for sure....
    You can bet your butt I will be out fishing tomorrow night.

(just imagine the fishing story fodder if I was to catch me a whopper!)

I hope you all get out there and fish tomorrow and if you DO catch that big one, please make a post here!

Tony
    _

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I wonder if the fishing will be better then?
    Thanks for the info Tony!
    I think I may try to go tomorrow evening/night if my back/neck will let me. I've been in bed pretty much for 2 1/2 days because of severe neck/headache pain. At times I couldn't even get out of bed for 2-5 mins at a time. Its a lil better today but I got some muscle relaxers to help.I can't get into see my doctor till next week...:sad2::angry:
    Oh well,Let me know what you think!

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Good luck. I wont be able to get out until saturday. I was supposed to go this weekend past, but my wife wasnt feeling good so I had to stay home with her & the baby.

4. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Thats interesting Tony, thanks for sharing it with us. I had no idea.

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    We got a Blue Moon and the big Cats should be bitin'! I will be out probing my local waters!:cool2:

6. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good luck tonight Tony. I wont be able to make it out but Ill be out this weekend for sure. Let us know how it goes for ya.

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Blue moon... you saw me standing alone... without a dream in my heart ... oops, wrong thread :lol:

Very cool, Tony! Saturday will be our next opportunity, but good luck and I can't wait to read your fishin report :smile2:

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    THIS IS A TEST HOPE.

Which version of the song are you quoting? The original or the MARCELLS version.Answering correctly may reveal you age, hence the warning, you being a woman and all I didnt want you to be the first female to ever reveal her true age.!!!!!!!:lol::smile2::tounge_out::cool2::wink:

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, we won our dart games tonite 7-2, so this goes in the 'once in a blue moon' category.:big_smile:

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I didn't make it out today or this evening...I'm going about 5ish am in the morning and try my luck out.
    My neighbor helped me get about 5-6 dozen big crawlers....Catch some bait and maybe channels or flatties or a 20-30lb drum. Just something nice I hope!!!

11. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Id like to see the blue moon but we're getting severe thunderstorms and heavy rain. tomorrows going to be busy since I work for the cable company. i loath storm damage calls.