Once Again

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Leakyboat, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Is it me or my old age creeping up on me?I got my Bass pro catalog today
    AND there wasn't all that much catfishing equipment(stuff) in there.Same ole stuff,just enough to get by on.I guess that's why their name is BassPro shop!
    Does Abu-Garcia still make a 6000?Couldn't find it in there catalog!Maybe i just missed it.I don't know!Fishing line,wasn't much in there.
    Ernie

2. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    :rolleyes: when we went to the st.charles mo. BP they didnt have what i thought they should in the way of catstuff either maybe the springfield one is better equipped.
    it may be a conspiracy i mean they do have a bass in their logo LOL :rolleyes:

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    To me it seems they are going more towards Bass, Crappie and Saltwater....might just my imagination though.:confused:

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Ernie, that's why I call them Bait Pro Shops. Not much there for us except general fishing items. And a very few rods and some reels.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    "Few"..... Yes, a very few.

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    So is there any one place that specializes in catfishin' stuff?

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Yea they don't cater to us cat fishermen much.

I find a lot of cat fishing equipment at pawn shops believe it or not.

8. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Why not Catfish Connection they are our sponsers, and they usually have about any Catfishin Stuff as you need. You have to order from them though unless you go to Pana, Illinois. They are listed on the right side of the screen. The only thing at this time that I won't order is a rod until I have been somewhere and felt of one in my hands.

9. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Once they change the name to "Catmasters", it will never change.

Ray

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Leakyboat, in last years Bass Addict catalogue I believe they had the ABU 7000 listed as a 6500 picture wise.
    I also saw the new catalogue yesterday and it looks to be about a 1/3 less pages in it.

11. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    I know it sounds smart-a;ec but,
    It is called "Bass Pro Shops" right?
    Shouldn't they cater to the Bass fishermen then.
    Only thing we have round here besides walleyworld, is Dicks. And that mostly bas and saltwater too.
    I just stick with Catfish Connection.

12. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    If Bass pro in nashville isn't going to sell good cat equipment then I am going down there and get my catfish out of their tank.:)
    They bring their expert bass fishermen in for demo's of different rods and reels and lures and starve those poor fish for a week and why shoot ,iffin you threw a rock in there they would hit it.:)
    I use to bass fish alot myself to.:eek:

13. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    It's not that good of a place to buy catfish equipment, but they do seem to have a better selection of boating items. Not many places around here to go and look and feel the rod holders, trollin' motors, parts, electricial panels, trailer parts and so fourth. If ya got the bucks, they have some fine fishin' shirts and pants and boots / shoes........

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've been to the one in Shrevport La a few times. Its big. Too big. I walked the whole store, up stairs and down. If a man can't find what he needs there to catch any recorded breaker catfish, or a minnow, even hunt anything around my area, he might as well just go camping and give up on fishing/hunting. LMAO.
    I saw lots of stuff. Heck I started to just move in and set up house. I had me a nice spot picked out on second floor. Had a view of the red river :)

15. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    I like to use cabela's as much as possible. The reason is because they support catfishing. They have one of the largest tournament series going. They support catch and release. They also promote our sport. I like using catfish connection also......